Top Guard is the leading security officer service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, tri-cities and Richmond. As security demands continue to increase, we employ over 900+ professional security officers. Our clientele represents the finest of businesses such as; financial institutions, health care centers, shopping centers, word-class manufacturing companies, communities and universities. Our strong commitment to superior security services empowers us to also provide officer/patrol services to Municipal, State and Federal contracts.
With our rigid employment standard, Top Guard employs only the finest, professional, intelligent and dedicated officers. We proudly support veterans and collectively strive for perfection through our carefully designed quality assurance program.
Do not have a DCJS armed or unarmed license? No problem! We have a training campus right conveniently located on site!
Ask about the following bonus programs:
- Armed DCJS
- Unarmed DCJS
- Did we mention we love employee referrals? We have a bonus for that as well!
Job Skills / Requirements
The following requirements must be met:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years year old and/or 25 years old and a great driving record should the site require vehicle patrol
- Have the ability to occasionally lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time as required by the site
- Have reliable transportation
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times to maintain the company expectations for customer service
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Have the ability to quickly make decisions based upon situations that may arise
The site-specific requirements listed below must be met in order to qualify to apply for the position:
- Anytime availability required
- Stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work in inclement weather and other outside elements
- Prior military or law enforcement preferred
- Prior security experience is preferred
We have both full time and part time positions available. Candidate must meet all CONN requirements.
Full time positions are 34 hours weekly 10AM - 7PM
Wednesday through Friday from 1PM -5PM
Part time positions are Monday & Tuesday 10AM - 7PM
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.