Join our award-winning team in Hampton Roads – as a Campus Security Officer
Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider in the area. We are looking for qualified, capable and dedicated officers to fill full-time Campus Security positions in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach. Great fit for veterans, or individuals with military, law enforcement, or security backgrounds.
In this role, you will be interacting with students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a regular basis. You will also patrol buildings and grounds, monitor surveillance equipment, and maintain a positive security presence while assisting students, faculty, staff, and visitors on Campus property.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Strong Communication Skills
• Customer Service Focus
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
• Positive Attitude
We will train you at no cost to obtain your Virginia DCJS Registration Card.
Great fit for veterans or individuals with a background in the military, law enforcement, or security.
If this sounds like your skill set and experience, APPLY NOW to join an award-winning Security Firm!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
• Protect Campus students, faculty, staff, visitors, property, etc. from harm, theft, violence, damage or loss through appropriate control and handling of situations.
• Assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors with locating Campus facilities
• Follow and maintain Campus guidelines
• Alert to discover/deter any person(s) attempting to gain unauthorized access
• Alert to any hazards which may cause fires, explosions or other catastrophes
• Report any such incidents to Top Guard Dispatch and Campus officials immediately
• Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area
• Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb for up to 10-hour shifts
• Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports: both hand written and computer
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Have High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Ability to verbally diffuse situations and effectively resolve issues
• Skill in observing and noticing unusual circumstances or items which would reasonably suggest a problem.
• Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
• Reliable transportation
• Steady work history
• Ability to obtain DCJS Registration Card
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
• And More
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
This job reports to the ACCOUNT MANAGER
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.