Are you seeking a company where you can grow within and further your career? Top Guard Security is seeking responsible individuals to secure client facilities and protect client’s employees, customers, tenants, and property from harm, theft, illegal actions, and other negative events. Join an award-winning Security Firm. Apply today!
The following requirements must be met:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years year old and/or 25 years old and a great driving record should the site require vehicle patrol
- Have the ability to occasionally lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time as required by the site
- Have reliable transportation
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times to maintain the company expectations for customer service
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Customer service driven
- Have the ability to quickly make decisions based upon situations that may arise
The site-specific requirements listed below must be met in order to qualify to apply for the position:
- Anytime availability - able to work any Hampton Roads location
- Ability to travel between worksites
- Monitor cameras
- Stand/sit/walk for long periods of time
- Prior military or law enforcement preferred
- Prior security experience is preferred
- Endure adverse weather conditions on occasions
- DCJS Armed (or ability to become armed)
We will train you to Obtain Virginia DCJS Unarmed/Armed Registration Card!
***Great Employment Opportunity for Veterans! One time $250 signing bonus for service-related disabled at 10% or more or unemployed for over 6 months in the past year!
***Are you already DCJS certified? We have a $500.00 bonus for unarmed guards and $1000 bonus for armed guards! (Some requirements do apply.)
***Are you prior law enforcement, corrections or military? Are you already DCJS certified with at least 1-2 years of unarmed experience but want to go armed? We also have an armed incentive program where the company pays for your armed classes! (Some requirements do apply.)
***Did we mention we love employee referrals? We have a bonus for that as well! Ask us how to earn $250.00 for referring friends and family!
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Job Skills / Requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires:
• Be professional at all times maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Assist with the daily operations at the direction of company management
• Hold post at client’s site(s) until a qualified replacement is assigned to relieved
• Prepare reports - must have solid knowledge of Microsoft word, outlook and excel
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Specialized law enforcement, security and/or military experience or training preferred (1 year or more required for some contract sites)
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check as a condition of employment
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Must be able to endure cold and hot weather for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Occasionally lift or pull up to 50lbs
• Speak audibly, clearly and understandable in order to have information understood or to contact authorities.
• Some weekends and holidays may be required.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
• Health Plan and Dental Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.