Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities and Richmond. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities and retail establishments.
Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 850+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guardï¿½s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Strong Communication Skills
• Customer Service Focus
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
• Positive Attitude
We will train you to Obtain Virginia DCJS Registration Card!
Great Employment Opportunity for Veterans!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct security related training of new and existing site personnel
• Be professional at all times maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Effectively conducting inspections patterns to target sites needing attention
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel if needed
• Assist with the daily Operations at the direction of company management
• Old post at client’s site(s) until a qualified replacement is assigned to relieved
• Prepare reports
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Specialized law enforcement, security and/or military experience or training preferred (1 year or more required for some contract sites)
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check as a condition of employment
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Must be able to endure cold and hot weather for extended periods of time, up to a full 8-hour shift
• Occasionally lift or pull up to 50lbs
• Speak audibly, clearly and understandable in order to have information understood or to contact authorities.
• Some weekends and holidays may be required.
• Experience in Word, Excel and Outlook
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
• Health Plan and Dental Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
This job reports to the ACCOUNT MANAGER
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.