Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 850+ employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Essential Duties Include: To provide office support with a variety of administrative duties and related tasks. Will be responsible for processing of DCJS fingerprinting, DCJS compliance, employee training scheduling, data entry, recording and storing required DCJS documentation. Will be responsible for ensuring all other company compliance records are maintained i.e., TWIC, VRSA, Baton, BoatUS, OC Spray, as well as additional administrative duties.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Processes new hire DCJS applications and setting up fingerprint appointments on a daily basis.
- Creates all folders and sub folders for DCJS recordkeeping on a daily basis.
- Scans and saves all required DCJS documentation in employee folders on DCJS drive on a daily basis.
- Monitors FieldPrint daily to ensure all new hires have completed their fingerprinting.
- Downloads FieldPrint proof of completion daily for each employee to save on DCJS drive.
- Manages compliance code on a daily basis as fingerprinting is completed so Account Managers can schedule new hires.
- Communicates with Account Managers and Compliance Manager on a daily basis regarding new hires.
- Coordinates employee training schedules in order to stay DCJS compliant.
- Updates schedules in WinTeam with training and FieldPrint appointments on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reviewing on a daily basis the WinTeam Compliance data, ensuring all new hires compliance has been entered
- Responsible for communicating with security officers to obtain copies of DCJS hard card.
- Responsible for documenting all communications with officers regarding DCJS.
- Responsible for updating DCJS Checklist for each employee on the DCJS drive.
- Responsible for running expiration report for all DCJS license types 90, 60, 30 days prior to expiration on a bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for running expiration report for all other license types 90, 60, 30 days prior to expiration on a bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for communicating to Account Managers and Compliance Manager for upcoming expirations.
- Maintains records for quarterly drugs screens for specified clients.
- Maintains spreadsheet to ensure all required training is completed and copies of training completion sheets are received, recorded and stored in the employee files.
- Maintains spreadsheet to ensure hard cards and renewal hard cards are received by all employees.
- Ensures that any employee that does not complete required training before 30 days to expiration, will be scheduled for next available class.
- Updates schedules for classes completed and documents diary for employees that do not attend scheduled training.
- Responsible for letting Account Managers know who attended scheduled classes and who did not.
- Ensure inactive employee’s folders have been moved to the appropriate folder on DCJS drive on a weekly basis.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and fitness for duty test as a condition of employment
• Effective verbal & written communication skills
• Must be reliable and dependable
• Must possess good customer service skills
Top Guard’s full-time Employee Benefits
• Health Plan and Dental Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Knowledge of DCJS compliance in the private security sector preferred
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Prior Compliance skills preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities essential to job functions:
- Possession of strong organizational skills and solid computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work collectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to multi-task effectively and ability to manage time well
- Commitment to the objectives of the company