Veterans- Do you have a desire to protect and serve your community?
Put your military experience to work in the civilian world!
Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities, Richmond, and Shenandoah Valley regions. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities, health care and retail establishments.
Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 900 employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements
• Demonstrate professional demeanor at all times, maintaining company expectations for customer service
• Strong Communication Skills
• Customer Service Focus
• Situational decision making; notifications to appropriate personnel as needed
• Positive Attitude
We will train you to obtain your Virginia DCJS Registration Card.
Great fit for veterans or individuals with a background in the military, law enforcement, and/or security.
One time $250 signing bonus for service-related disabled at 10% or more or unemployed for over 6 months in the past year.
One time$250 signing bonus for current DCJS certification.
If this sounds like your skill set and experience, APPLY NOW to join an award-winning Security Firm!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
• Protect clients and property, etc. from harm, theft, violence, damage or loss through appropriate control and handling of situations.
• Alert to any hazards which may cause fires, explosions or other catastrophes
• Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area
• Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb for up to 10-hour shifts
• Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports: both hand written and computer
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Have High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Ability to verbally diffuse situations and effectively resolve issues
• Skill in observing and noticing unusual circumstances or items which would reasonably suggest a problem.
• Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
• Reliable transportation
• Steady work history
• Ability to obtain DCJS Registration Card
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work for an award-winning security firm that remains dedicated to our officers in the field.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Compensation
• Free Uniforms
• And More
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
High School Diploma/GED
This job reports to the ACCOUNT MANAGER
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 50