Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities and Richmond. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities and retail establishments.
Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 800 employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guard’s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Job Skills / Requirements
Assistant Account Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for partnering with a TG Account Manager in the day to day operations, and provide general office support. This position will also have the responsibility of providing quality service to TG officers and staff by acting as a telephone dispatcher, handling call outs, no shows, inputting of Quality Assurance reports, and monitoring schedules for on call supervisors. The role serves as a liaison between security officers and management which is of high importance.
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Hourly (Non - Exempt)
Reports to: Account Manager
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Partners with the Account Manager in scheduling, daily scheduling changes, and taking calls from employees with scheduling conflicts
• Partners with the Account Manager and Payroll department for timesheet reconciliation
• Partners with the Account Manager in the investigation of client complaints
• Partners with the Account Manager in the investigation of all vehicle accidents, involving a Top Guard employee with a Top Guard vehicle or client vehicle
• Partners with the Account Manager calling out schedules to employees
• Partners with the Account Manager with coordination of mobile patrol efforts and coordinate quality assurance data entry of information
• Helps manage weekly Payroll Status Change forms for job-site changes
• Helps manage new contact start-up and current contract maintenance
• Responsible to partner with the Account Manager for timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the assigned contracts
• Act as Scheduling Coordinator for all call-offs, late arrivals, no-shows, shift variances (worked hours changed due to whatever reason), special coverage needs, emergencies, and questions to management or payroll issues
• Responsible for faxing of schedules to various job-sites and verifying that schedules were received
• Maintain training roster
• Monitor DCJS compliance of assigned personnel and remind officers of pending registrations required. Notify managers when registrations expire.
• Perform other duties when there are certain circumstances where immediate communication to management is required; property damage, criminal activity on the site, client complaints, discovery of a serious safety hazard, weapons incidents, serious improprieties or actions of a TG security officer
• Responsible to act as liaison between Top Guard and DCJS regarding issues with registrations and follow up on problems
• Perform any other duties, as assigned by the Account Manager or other TG Manager
• Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-3 years of private security operations experience preferred
• Advanced computer competency
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a friendly demeanor
• Good organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize work
• Commitment to the objectives of the company
• Ability to work well with all level of employees from officers to management
Physical and Sensory Abilities:
To perform the essential functions of this position, the Assistant Account Manager regularly employs the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
• Sitting, standing, walking;
? Daily writing and using a keyboard;
? Seeing, hearing, and speaking to effectively communicate in verbal and in written form.
• Work is frequently performed inside in an office environment
Account Manager is a fulltime non-exempt position. Typically will be scheduled to work during traditional weekday office hours and at other times as necessary to accomplish the essential functions of the job. This will include evening and weekend work if necessary.
• Be perceived by the client and community as competent and respected
• Positive communicator
• Successfully resolve problems and issues
• Quick thinking and acting
• High priority for safety, security, property, and customer service
• Demonstrates being on-top of situations
• Alert / observant
• Honest / trustworthy
• Reliable / dependable
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
DCJS Armed card
Military or security experience.
Must have clear criminal history for background investigation
Must be able to successfully pass a 7 panel drug test
Additional Information / Benefits
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits:
Payroll Deducted Health Plan
Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance
Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans
Legal Resources Legal Discount Plan
Credit Union Membership
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1