Top Guard Security is the leading security guard service provider for the Virginia Peninsula, the Southside, Tri-Cities and Richmond. Top Guard offers unarmed and armed security officers and mobile patrol services to industrial and manufacturing facilities, commercial properties, local and federal governments, residential communities and retail establishments.
Top Guard is Hampton Roads, Virginia's largest privately-owned security firm with 600 employees and the largest woman-owned firm in the region. Its clientele represent the finest businesses, financial institutions, shopping centers, world-class manufacturers, communities and universities. Municipal, State and Federal contracts represent the backbone of Top Guard's regional dominance. Top Guard's size, experience and extraordinary level of service make it the region's choice for private security.
Top Guard's commitment to superior security services begins with a commitment to its employees. We understand the critical role that a security professional plays in the overall success of a facility and we are devoted to hiring high caliber employees who are intelligent, capable, and dedicated individuals. Candidates are carefully selected by an experienced recruitment staff committed to finding those individuals who meet Top Guardï¿½s rigid employment standards. Through training, performance evaluations, and quality assurance measures, we ensure that security officers maintain standards consistent with Top Guard's stringent requirements.
Must have DCJS Armed card & training completion forms. Applicants must be able to meet the standards of U.S. Coast Guard Boating Regulations, must be able to obtain VA Boating Safety Certification (which can be obtained at www.boatus.org). Familiarity of small boat operations, small craft handling, and Virginia Waterway Regulations is required. Applicants must be able to work required shifts and have scheduling flexibility. Reliable transportation is required, high school diploma or equivalent is required, must be reliable and dependable. Superior verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to be .38 caliber qualified or able to obtain .38 caliber qualifications.
Apply at WWW.TOPGUARDINC.COM
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Safeguard staff, customers, authorized visitors, assets and property at our client’s sites.
* Effectively use great customer service skills with internal and external customers, to include students.
* Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
* Provide direction and assistance to staff, visitors, students and guests.
* Provide thorough examinations of all interior and exterior doors, windows, restrooms, and common rooms (such as kitchen and study areas) to ensure all are properly secured and there are not leaks or items left plugged in that could cause fire and damage to the property.
* Be alert to discover/deter any person(s) attempting to gain unauthorized access.
* Be alert to any hazards which may cause fires, explosions or other catastrophes. Report any such incidents to client immediately.
* Respond to emergency conditions within assigned area of responsibility as annotated in main SOP.
* Must be physically able to walk, stand and climb stairs both interior and exterior for up to 10 hours shifts.
* Must be able to accurately and clearly write daily logs and incident reports both hand written and through computer.
* Must be DCJS certified or have a background in the military, law enforcement, or security.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Authorized to work in the United States
* Have High School Diploma or Equivalent
* A current DCJS registration card is required
* Must be able to pass background check, drug test, and physical (at required sites)
* Must be able to pass the English language (speaking, reading, and understanding) screening.
High School Diploma/GED
DCJS Armed card
Armed Training Completion Forms
Must have boating experience
Top Guard provides its full-time employees with the following benefits:
Payroll Deducted Health Plan
Payroll Deducted Dental Insurance
Allstate Supplemental Insurance Plans
Legal Resources Legal Discount Plan
Credit Union Membership
It is the policy of Top Guard to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Applications are active for 60 Days after which you must reapply.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
This job reports to the Account Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends, Summers.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 10