A little about us:
Guardian Security Services, a locally owned security company, founded in 1975 and has established itself as a leader in the security industry currently serving the most respected clients in the area. Guardian Security is a premier security services firm, providing customized, cost-effective programs that exceed Client expectations. With our history of service excellence in providing customized security programs to commercial properties, corporate headquarters, public utilities, residential communities, financial institutions, college campuses and manufacturing facilities we are recognized as the security provider of choice. The cornerstone to our success is ensuring that our number one priority is client satisfaction. Our employees are our most valuable asset! We value the integrity, quality, professional performance, and overall commitment to excellence present in our employee population.
To work for Guardian Security, you must demonstrate the personal and professional skills necessary to be the very best!
Overview: Hello Chicagoland! If you’re looking to take your career in security to the next level, we have a position for you! Guardian Security Services is seeking to hire a Floater position, to receive Supervisory Training for possible future placement into a supervisory position. We are looking for the best of the BEST! This position starts at $15/hr. This position will provide you an opportunity to work in many different locations in order to give you the best experience. Those with a background in Security, Military or Law Enforcement background are strongly encouraged to apply. Must have a PERC, 20hr Basic Security Officer Training Certificate and reliable transportation!
• 1-3-years of Security, Military and/or Law Enforcement background preferred but not required.
• No moving violations within the past 2 years.
• High School Graduate or the equivalent.
• Must maintain a working telephone at all times.
• Must have a reliable means of transportation.
• Must have a valid Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) or willing to apply for one.
• Must have a 20-hour training certificate or completed within in 30 days of employment.
• Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays, and cover additional shifts as required by management.
• Proven ability to deal with challenging situations while remaining calm and professional.
• All applicants must go through our pre-employment screening process including a background investigation and drug screening.
• Have a mature demeanor, personality and attitude.
• Possess strong communication skills (verbal, nonverbal and written).
• Have a stable work history.
• Possess strong customer service and public relation skills, and be able to interact well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Understand and maintain general post instructions for that assigned post.
• Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
• Maintain access control procedures set by management.
• Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
• Greet all residents and/or visitors with a professional demeanor.
• Sign in and out all guests and vendors.
• Monitor CCTV’s to guard against theft and trespassing.
• Respond to incidents and document the event accurately.
• Possibly conduct foot patrols in and out of gate house in all types of weather during your shift, if required, including walking up and down stairs.
• Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
• Interact with the tenants and visitors using your best customer service skills.
• Document and report any property damage and special occurrences.
• Logging incoming packages using the computer software programs you will be trained on.
• Provide excellent Customer Service, Public Relations and have an Impeccable image.
• Ability to work, at times, during inclement weather conditions.
• Willingness to accept overtime is preferred.
• Maintain an impeccable image and adhere to our professional (military style) grooming standards
Understanding the role:
Due to the responsibilities involved with this position, the perfect candidate must have a flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the company and our clientele. This role is to prepare you for taking on a supervisory position within our organization. To better prepare you for that, you will be trained at multiple locations. Gaining the knowledge and experience to be completely prepared as a supervisor for Guardian Security Services. We are looking for the BEST of the BEST! Your ability to be on your toes and ready to go, will be vital in this role. This role is key in our industry, to ensure there is proper coverage throughout the company. This position can be set as a schedule or an on-call system, based on the companies needs. You will be someone that is going to help take care of our fellow officers during times of need. If, someone cannot make it in due to a death in the family; you have his/her back and will be here! Someone was in an accident and will be out for a while, you will be here to ensure that post is covered!
High School Diploma or GED (official copy of transcripts are required upon hire)
20 Hour Security Training Certificate
PERC (Blue) Card
Ilinois Driver License
Guardian Security Services, Inc. offers industry leading wages, career advancement, and great working environments with a multitude of benefits.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Special Incentive Plans
Guardian Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not required and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 3