For more information, log onto: www.guardiansecurityinc.com or contact Marge or Ian at 708.385.3300.
Guardian Security Services has Immediate Opening for Security Officers in the Franklin Park, IL area! Brand New Facility! Afternoon and Overnight Shifts Available! Full-time with opportunities for growth! Excellent location and work environment! Amazing pay rate starting at $13/hr!
The Guardian History:
Guardian Security Services, a locally owned security company, founded in 1975 and has established itself as a leader in the security industry currently serving the most respected clients in the area.
Guardian Security is a premier security services provider, providing customized, cost-effective programs that exceed Client expectations. With our history of service excellence in providing customized security programs to commercial properties, corporate headquarters, public utilities, residential communities, financial institutions, college campuses and manufacturing facilities we are recognized as the security provider of choice. The cornerstone to our success is ensuring that our number one priority is client satisfaction.
Our employees are our most valuable asset! We value the integrity, quality, professional performance, and overall commitment to excellence present in our employee population. To work for Guardian Security, you must demonstrate the personal and professional skills necessary to be the very best. Experience in the security industry is helpful, but not required.
Working in a climate controlled gate house, you will be interacting with employees, contractors, visitors, etc. to ensure they are authorized to enter into the facility.
You will be required to maintain facility security by documenting in/out bound tractor/trailers on a written access control form.
At times, you will be required to expose yourself to extreme weather conditions when directing drivers into the facility or completing patrol rounds.
• Understand and maintaining general post instructions for that assigned post.
• Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
• Maintain access control procedures set by management.
• Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
• Greet all residents and/or visitors with a professional demeanor.
• Sign in and out all guests and vendors.
• Monitor cctv’s to guard against theft and trespassing.
• Respond to incidents and document the event accurately.
• Possibly conduct foot patrols in and out of gate house in all types of weather during your shift, if required, including walking up and down stairs.
• Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
• Interact with the tenants and visitors using your best customer service skills.
• Document and report any property damage and special occurrences.
• Logging incoming packages using the computer software programs you will be trained on.
• Provide excellent Customer Service, Public Relations and have an Impeccable image.
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Possess a high school diploma/GED/military service record.
• All applicants must complete a pre-employment screening process
- Includes a background investigation.
• Must have mature demeanor, personality and attitude.
• Possess strong communication skills, both verbally, written and non-verbal.
• Have a proven stable work history.
• Maintain an impeccable image and adhere to our professional military grooming standards, which includes:
- No visible tattoo(s) that cannot be covered up with a short sleeve shirt and pants.
• Must possess strong customer service skills, public relation skills and the ability to interact well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Must maintain a working telephone at all times in order for us to contact you.
• Must have reliable means of transportation.
• Must have a valid Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) or willing to apply for one.
• Must have a 20-hour training certificate or complete within in 30 days of employment.
• Flexibility to cover additional shifts, as required, by client’s needs.
High School Diploma or GED (official copy of transcripts are required upon hire)
20 Hour Security Training Certificate
PERC (Blue) Card
Ilinois Driver License
Guardian Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Guardian Security Services, Inc. offers industry leading wages, career advancement, and great working environments with a multitude of benefits. License #122.000419
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not required and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1