Ohio Support Services Corp. (OSS) is a regionally recognized contract security service firm that provides the highest customized security programs to Corporate Headquarters, Industrial and Distribution Centers, Multi-tenant Properties, Medical Centers, Special Improvement Districts and Educational Institutions. Since its founding in 1978 OSS has set the standard for the industry, designing and implementing superior, comprehensive, and cost effective security programs.
Job Skills / Requirements
An Ambassador is the culmination of being a Security Officer, Hospitality Specialist, and Outreach Advocate. An Ambassador is genuinely concerned about the safety and welfare of everyone who visits downtown Columbus. The ideal Ambassador is a person who wants to make a positive impact in the downtown community by utilizing their intuitive customer service skills coupled with their excellent observation and communication skills. The Ambassador works in a business improvement district that has a goal to make downtown Columbus a great place to live, work and play. An Ambassador loves working outdoors and in all weather conditions. He or she can adapt on the fly and interact with a diverse population of people. Ambassadors are equally comfortable conducting foot patrols or bicycle patrols and sharing information with Special Duty Officers from the Columbus Police Department. Being ethical and honest comes naturally to Ambassadors, and people look to them for assistance throughout the course of their workday. All good Ambassadors enjoy helping all kinds of people whether they need connected to social services or simply require directions to a local restaurant.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- Conduct vehicle, bike and foot patrols of public areas such as sidewalks and parks;
- Operate John Deere Gator or other similar landscaping vehicles;
- Assist persons as needed with directions, information, amenities;
- Emergency Response;
- Assist with special projects (sweep sidewalks, remove weeds, scrub city implements such as information kiosks, bus shelters, beautification projects, etc.);
- Assist with some team snow removal duties;
- Engage persons in need of social services and helps them make connections;
- Ability to stand, walk or ride for extended periods of time;
- Able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs unsupported or over 50 lbs supported.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Operations
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1