Kelley Construction is a multi-faceted commercial and industrial general contractor licensed to perform work in many states across the United States. We offer a wealth of technical expertise in all areas of commercial construction including: restaurants, medical facilities, warehousing, fast food chains, large design-build expansions and general office renovation. We also have broad experience in industrial construction, from liquid storage and containment and petroleum related construction to pre-engineered metal buildings and concrete construction.
Job Skills / Requirements
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direction, operates one or more types of gasoline or diesel powered equipment to perform assignments to push, pull, pile, or lift and load materials, to clear brush and debris, and to level earth to rough specification on rolling terrain and/or level surfaces; inspects equipment daily and reports unsafe conditions; services and makes minor emergency repairs in garage or field; lubricates and oils equipment.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proficient in the use of Rigging and Hand Signals.
- May be required to operate equipment and/or move bulk material on level or low sloped grades.
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
- Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May be required to interpret load charts.
- Assist in establishing elevation.
- Ability to perform pre-use inspection.
- Be a team player.
- Position requires extensive travel.
- All other duties that assigned
- Must have 5 years of experience
- Operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: excavator, backhoe, bulldozer, front end loader, motor grader, dump truck, etc.
- Excavator: work in uncongested areas with a spotter
- Backhoe: operation on all terrains
- Bulldozer: work to rough grade
- Articulated Dump Truck: work in uncongested areas
- Dump Truck/Water Truck: proficient operation
- Skid Steer: operate proficiently on all terrains to fine grade.
- May be required to operate equipment and/or move bulk material on all terrains.
- May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Set up laser level and determine correct elevation to perform basic grade work with minimal assistance.
- Ability to load and operate trench roller, skid steer, dump truck and water truck
- Understand equipment inspections
- Must understand equipment inspections
- Must complete OSHA 10-hur and Marathon training
Physical Demands: Individual will be required to lift, bend, climb, stoop and work around moving machinery, dust and fumes. Also, will be required to work inclement weather conditions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 90 lbs.
Additional Information / Benefits
Kelley Construction, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Company is committed to basing employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities. Kelley Construction, Inc., does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other characteristics protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignments, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the General Superintendent
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Travel is required consistently
Number of Openings for this position: 2