[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we employ only the best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
There are currently several opportunities within the Mobile Department available and we are excited to announce that we are seeking new Mobile Officers looking to become a part of the Paladin Family!
Those applicants who are hired as a Mobile Officer with Paladin between October 1st until October 31st, 2017 will receive the following bonuses:
• 1st $500 hiring bonus for those having a valid, active license at the time of hire and working at a full-time capacity. This will be paid out after successful completion of the probationary period (3 months).
• 2nd $500 bonus will be paid out after 6 months of working in Mobile at a full-time capacity.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR THE BONUS:
• Possess a valid BC Security License and Class 5 BC Driver’s License (Driver’s Abstract will be required)
• One year experience in mobile or equivalent
• Open availability – Must be able to consistently work 36 hours per week (3 x 12-hour shifts) and must have the flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends)
• Must be able to work out of our Surrey and Burnaby Mobile Office
As a Mobile Security Officer, every day is guaranteed to be different from the next. Each of our Mobile Security Officers start their “typical” day by reviewing their Run Sheet, which lists assigned scheduled patrols, escorts, and lock-ups/unlocks. But almost as soon as their shift starts, it’s sure to change!
Whether it’s to deal with an unexpected incident, to prioritize an alarm response, or to provide support to their colleagues in emergent situations, our Mobile Officers need to make smart on-the-spot decisions and take fast, effective action to ensure the safety and security of our clients’ assets and community members.
At the same time, they must also complete thorough, accurate reports, as they liaise with our 24/7 Operations Centre, relevant Law Enforcement agencies, and emergency services to ensure the best possible outcomes for all parties involved.
As members of our team develop their skills and experience, our Supervisory team will continually engage them in new opportunities to hone those skills so that they can further their Paladin careers.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
• High School Diploma or GED; relevant post-secondary education or certifications would be considered an asset.
• Certified with Occupational First Aid Level 1 is an asset, but not mandatory
• Superior time management, prioritization, and organization skills
• Ability to make quick decisions in emergency response situations with minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain records
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Android Operating System software
• Physically capable of performing the required duties
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Superior customer service skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position