Established in 1952, Marsden Services offers comprehensive facility services to clients nationwide. We provide clients with high-quality and professional services including janitorial, security, HVAC, calibration, emergency response, and facility management services.
Our hiring philosophy is rooted in the idea that we want our employees to grow and be successful with our organization. We believe in our employees. We invest in our employees. A career at Marsden means a career that will support your growth.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Community Engagement and Outreach Manager will be responsible for all aspects of developing, promoting and maintaining key relationships with community agencies and organizations, government entities, schools, institutions and community partners. These partnerships will play a critical role in assisting people with obtaining gainful employment and opportunities within our organization and position Marsden as an employer of choice.
The Community Engagement and Outreach Manager will develop and foster deep connections with community partners within the Twin Cities Metro Area. This position will serve on the Company’s Charitable Giving Committee and will collaborate with internal and external marketing, public relations and communication teams to showcase our community partner initiatives.
- Performs daily relationship development activities, including calling on existing and potential new key contacts with community partners.
- Develops targeted external community partnerships with an array of entities, including nonprofits, government agencies, educational institutions, business association groups, membership groups, etc.
- Works closely with new and existing community partners to cultivate workforce-training programs that meet our short and long-term workforce development goals.
- Develops and implements marketing approaches for each relationship source.
- Helps to build internal policies, practices, procedures, and develop internal resources.
- Creates community engagement playbook for others to use within the organization.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual calling plans to ensure ongoing relationship engagement.
- Assists Talent Acquisition team for high volume hiring events.
- Attends relevant networking events (job fairs/shows/conferences/meetings/gatherings) to promote our workforce development initiatives. Prepares all necessary literature/flyers and other communication materials as needed to support our efforts.
- Demonstrates an on-going commitment to Marsden Services’ cultural values, mission, and vision through thoughtful leadership behaviors.
- Implements other means of talent sourcing including through social media and use of digital sourcing strategies.
- Developing and implementing collaborative efforts that speed placement of qualified candidates into open positions, as required
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High level of professionalism and commitment to establishing meaningful relationships within the community
- High level of effectively working and communicating with a diverse population along with a commitment of enriching the diversity within the organization
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills; counseling and coaching
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks with limited direction
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity
- Self-motivated and results driven; ability to take initiative
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives at one time
- Proficiency in MS Office and related software requirements
- Ability to travel regularly within the Twin Cities market
- Frequent local and regional travel (75%) is required. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet the Company’s authorized driver requirements
Education and Experience Preferred
- 2+ years of community agency, nonprofit, sales or recruiting experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or closely related discipline
- Previous high-volume recruitment experience
- Career Development or Coaching experience
- Community Outreach experience
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct.
- Builds a culture of work safety and lead by example with one’s own safe behavior.
- Ensures one’s own compliance with the company’s published Operating Standards (professional, sales, Management and Execs only).
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism.
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it – champions change when improvements can be made.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Information / Benefits
Marsden Holding L.L.C is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Marsden and its affiliates do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Marsden Bldg Maintenance President
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1