Marsden Building Maintenance, a Marsden Holding Company, is a facility services provider with an unmatched reputation for operational excellence. We clean, sanitize, and service large and small businesses across the Midwest. In a nutshell: we clean buildings… really well.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Senior Operations Manager oversees a Mulit-Million dollar portfolio, leading the management group in executing a high level of customer care with financial responsibility for all accounts within that region as well as creating a safe and respectful work environment for all.
- Manages operation managers at customer facilities to ensure that customer expectations and agreed upon KPIs are met.
- Ensures standards for service quality, equipment, and performance are maintained and that cost-effective resources are used to maximize service standards. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to scope of work.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Advises managers on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, etc. Ensures managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with human resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published Operations Standards
- Responsible for the Twin Cities’ portfolio of customer accounts and the corresponding budgets and P/L.
- Responsible for managing a Multi-Million dollar Portfolio
- Leads a team of Operations and Shift managers as well as Administrative staff.
- Must have a coaching mindset and be a champion of your team.
- Clearly and effectively formulate directions for others, effectively conveying expectations and what success looks like.
- Build authentic relationships within the organization, with customers, and with the community. Strong employee and client focus.
- Clearly demonstrates exceptional business acumen, critical thinking, sound decision making, and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on established strategic vision to drive successful completion of objectives and key results.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organizational values
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire, develop and lead a team.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with strong ability to make decisions and collaborate across the business.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Bilingual is a plus
Education and Experience Required
4-6 years of service-based industry experience required, preferably in the Janitorial industry.
- Project Management skills and experience.
- Experience working with a decentralized workforce.
- Preferred experience handling multi-million dollar portfolios
- High level janitorial management experience preferred
Additional Information / Benefits
Marsden Holding L.L.C is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Marsden and its affiliates do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Thomas Flanagan
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1