Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the Central corridor of the United States.
An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1952, Marsden has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
** Position will be roughly 75% remote, 25% in office as needed. Must live within driving distance of Marsden's office. **
- Recruit qualified workers for our positions by pursuing community contacts, advertising effectively, developing and posting flyers, promoting referrals, and using other creative methods.
- Actively evaluate and analyze staffing levels within the region. Complete reports as well as look for trends and/or patterns in regard to the area and positions we are feeling or needing to fill.
- Responsible for communication with regional manager and account managers on the status of open positions and recruiting efforts as well as understanding their needs and the needs of their customers.
- Responsible for communicating with Sales to assist in planning for staffing needs for new customers.
- Responsible for new hire paperwork, conducting assessments, background checks, drug screening, and ensuring all pre-employment testing is done for all new hires.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Evaluates and updates recruiting, screening, hiring, placing, and training processes with the goal of improving these processes to benefit our internal and external customers as well as work to retain our associates.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork throughout the employment process for potential employees.
- Performs other project duties as assigned.
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- 1 to 3 years recruiting experience
- Excellent working knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws such as FMLA, OSHA, FSLA.
- Ability to multi-task and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Innovative thinker and the ability to make continuous process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to develop relationships with other people and co-workers in implementing and developing programs, policies, goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop relationships with customers, regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Human Resources or a relevant field and one to three years’ experience of staffing in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Physical Requirements ADA Compliant
- Ability to sit or stand and perform computer functions for up to 5 hours at a time
- Ability occasionally walk long distances in performing a customer building tour
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours vary and typically occur inside of normal business hours, for example: 9:00am – 5:00pm
At times, additional days or later hours are expected when supporting a 24/7 operation
Less than 10%
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Marsden Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, sexual or affectional orientation, marital or veteran status, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Jane Van Whye
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1