Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the Central corridor of the United States.
An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1952, Marsden has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
Directs the activities and oversees the training and development of Area Managers or Account Managers within a geographic area. Develops and maintains relationships of trust with property management/client contacts at all assigned accounts. Ensures that job duties/tasks within the geographical area are completed each day.
- Trains/mentors area managers and account managers on the TECH Program for all job positions within the assigned area
- Creates a safety culture by setting an example and providing clear expectations; conducts thorough safety audits and training
- Creates customer relations that build contract compliance and high retention
- Identify and mentor associates to development next generation of leaders
- Develops and maintains customer relationships through a scheduled program of calling and meeting with all property managers/clients within the assigned accounts
- Handles all customer correspondence related to changes in the building budgets and staff to include letters, email, fax, voicemail, telephone contact, etc.
- Actively develops supervisory and management staff to prepare for corporate growth. Major responsibility in this area involves advancing associates along Marsden’s STEPS Career Path.
- Conducts monthly operations staff / training meetings with all area managers in the assigned area.
- Responsible for budget
- Interviews and recommends supervisory and management staff for positions within the assigned area
- Responds to customer complaints by coordinating the activities of area managers and their staff.
- Prepare payroll documents, budgets, write letters, send email, etc. using Microsoft Windows-based applications
- Ensures that an account manual/data sheets of all important account-specific documents is available at all assigned accounts
- Assigns tasks to associates and inspects completed work for conformance to standards
- Performs other related duties assigned by management
- Varies-as assigned by Director of Operations and Vice President of Operations
- Commits to behave in compliance with the Company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the Company's published Operations Standards
- Prepares annual budgets for all assigned accounts to include labor, cleaning supplies, equipment, etc. using Microsoft Excel worksheets
- Confirms the accuracy of the bi-weekly payroll for all assigned accounts to include auditing of time and payroll reports
- Uses Microsoft Office-based cost management system to audit bi-weekly budgets for all assigned accounts to include labor, supplies, and equipment, and knows how to adjust budgets
Coordinates the activities of all Area managers in the assigned area for covering open account manager positions, mentor neighboring buildings to include assisting Area Managers route each day etc.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Minimum of 3 years in the commercial janitorial industry
Education and Experience Preferred
- Prefer experience working with a diverse population
- Bilingual in two or more languages, with English being one of those languages and a strong preference for Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Occasional, represents 1 to 33% or 1-2 hours of an 8 hour work day.
Frequently, represents 34 to 66% or 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours of an 8 hour work day.
Regularly, represents 67 to 100% or 6 to 8 hours of an 8 hour work day.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies upon location.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours and workdays are typically Monday – Friday, 1st Shift, with occasional Evening and weekend work.
Up to 80% of Twin Cities daily travel and will include driving personal vehicle for work purposes. Required to meet company driving policy conditions.
Additional Information / Benefits
Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Marsden does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1