Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the Central corridor of the United States. Marsden is a building services contractor known for its operational excellence and its ability to provide great services to small businesses and large multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Marsden enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and for helping business owners and property managers meet their objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1952, Marsden has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
**Position is remote only until June 2021, then will work in office.**
Accounts Payable Responsibilities
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Differentiate between an invoice with a PO and one without and process accordingly
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms
- Ability to self-assess invoices needed sales tax
- Prepare month end accruals for invoices unprocessed and/or waiting for approvals
- Perform filing
- Respond to all vendor and internal inquiries timely and accurately
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prep and process integration supply files bi monthly
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published Operations Standards
- High level of commitment/ownership to one’s work product
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to self-accountability, collaboration, and teamwork
- Commitment to service excellence
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, documentation, research and resolution and data analysis
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to prepare accurate/details accounting data
- Strong ability/experience working directly with field operations and vendors
Software Experience Required
- Great Plains
Software Experience Preferred
- Microsoft Teams
Education and Experience Required
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- 2 year degree in accounting or related area of study or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience working in a decentralized, multi-state organization
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- 4 year degree in accounting or related area of study
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Occasional, represents 1 to 33% or 1-2 hours of an 8 hour work day.
Frequently, represents 34 to 66% or 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours of an 8 hour work day.
Regularly, represents 67 to 100% or 6 to 8 hours of an 8 hour work day.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours and workdays are typically Monday – Friday, regular business hours, with occasional extended hours during critical deadline periods.
This role requires no travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Information / Benefits
Marsden Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, sexual or affectional orientation, marital or veteran status, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Jackie Reinertson
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1