Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the Central corridor of the United States. Marsden is a building services contractor known for its operational excellence and its ability to provide great services to small businesses and large multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Marsden enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and for helping business owners and property managers meet their objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1952, Marsden has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
**Position is remote only until June 2021, then will work in office.**
The Collections Specialist will serve as the company ambassador upholding the Company’s standards of providing outstanding service while managing and collecting on delinquent accounts. The Collections Specialist will work on all aspects of collections to include, but not limited to working with other team members to research and resolve billing issues, negotiating payment terms with customers and work towards reducing the number of delinquent accounts.
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while discussing outstanding balance and negotiating payment options.
- Develop and nurture strong relations with customers and other team members to ensure delinquent accounts are collected and other account issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify barriers and/or solutions to reduce turn-around time for collecting delinquent payments.
- Ensure timely follow-through on all collections related tasks such as following up on payment arrangements, researching account disputes and billing discrepancies, and reconciling payments on each delinquent account.
- Create and maintain delinquent account files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or GED certificate
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel to include V-look up, and pivot tables, Outlook)
- 2-5 years’ of experience in a collections or accounts receivable related position
- Assertive, yet friendly and professional with the ability to strengthen and maintain positive working relationships; strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and follow-through on tasks independently within scope of authority.
- Creative with a demonstrated ability to improve processes and look for alternative solutions.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published Operations Standards
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is temporarily set for remote working due to COVID-19.
Additional Information / Benefits
Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, sex, gender identity, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status, individuals with disabilities or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Jackie Reinertson
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1