Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the Central corridor of the United States. Marsden is a building services contractor known for its operational excellence and its ability to provide great services to small businesses and large multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Marsden enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and for helping business owners and property managers meet their objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1952, Marsden has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Operations Manager –Cedar Rapids, IA
Marsden Building Maintenance, L.L.C.
Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to lead others for an Operations Manager position for the Cedar Rapids Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs the activities and oversees the training and development area managers within a geographic area.
· Develops and maintains relationships of trust with property management/client contacts at all assigned accounts.
· Prepares annual budgets for all assigned accounts to include labor, cleaning supplies, equipment, etc.
· Develops and maintains customer relationships through a scheduled program of calling and meeting with all property managers within the assigned accounts.
· Conducts monthly operations staff / training meetings with all area managers in the assigned area.
· Interviews and recommends supervisory and management staff for positions within the assigned area.
· Responds to customer complaints by coordinating the activities of area managers and their staff.
· Confirms the accuracy of the bi-weekly payroll for all assigned accounts to include auditing of time and payroll reports.
· Uses Microsoft Office-based cost management system to audit bi-weekly budgets for all assigned accounts to include labor, supplies, and equipment, and knows how to adjust budgets.
· Ensures that an account manual of all important account-specific documents is available at all assigned accounts.
· Coordinates the activities of all account managers in the assigned area for covering open account manager positions, mentor neighboring buildings, etc.
· Assigns tasks to associates and inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
· Performs other related duties assigned by management.
Desired Education and Experience:
· Must possess a minimum of three years progressive work experience in a leadership role in the contract cleaning industry or related field.
· Proven ability to handle varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
· Able to respond to emergencies at both night time and on weekends as required.
· Background check and drug test required.
· Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Marsden Bldg Maintenance, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, sex, gender identity, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status, individuals with disabilities or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This job reports to the Director of Operations
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1