Catholic Charities of Louisville is the social-service arm of the Archdiocese of Louisville. We provide help and create hope for the poor and vulnerable through a wide range of programs, assisting clients of all races, backgrounds, and beliefs. Catholic Charities of Louisville has established three core values to represent us as an organization and are a gauge for how we work with each other as well as our clients and partners. They are Welcome, Strengthen and Empower.
FULL TIME/EXEMPT ROLE: $55K/ANNUAL
COVER LETTER & RESUME REQUIRED
Job Skills / Requirements
The Communications Manager is an essential component of the Advancement Team, in collaboration with all the programs, and/or Archdiocesan departments. The Communications Manager has a primary responsibility of upholding the standards of communication for all programs though written pieces, marketing materials, website, and social media platforms.
**Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Facebook and Instagram.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Participate as an active member of the Advancement team, which includes attending meetings and working collaboratively to achieve the budgeted Advancement Department goals and advance the mission of the agency.
- Interview and write client stories, newsletter articles, donor appeals and other agency content.
- Create content, layout and distribution for e-newsletters. (Constant Contact or similar)
- Build media contacts and act as agency contact for reporters as needed. Communicate with The Record staff to promote CCL news/mission. Produce press releases and media alerts. Track media.
- Design marketing materials using agency style guide and funnel through approval process. (Adobe Suites: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Manage and update internal and external websites. (WordPress)
- Create and post content to all social media accounts daily; track metrics. (Facebook, Instagram)
- Assist with all design, advertisement, social media and communication needs for Rouler - agency’s major annual fundraising event.
- Manage annual marketing budget and calendar. (Microsoft Office)
- Work in partnership with the Archdiocese of Louisville’s Communication Department
- Act as the liaison with the agency’s printer and promotional products vendors.
- Maintain active and organized photo library; take photos as needed.
- File management and archiving of work regularly to shared server.
- Managing intern if necessary.
- (Preferred) Create and edits short and in-depth videos for various mediums. (Adobe Premiere Pro and YouTube)
* Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Design, Marketing, Journalism or related fields.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with writing, marketing, design, web management, and social media management.
- Preferred practicing Catholic and supports teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Cover letter required.
- Proficient in all the following:
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Premiere Pro preferred)
- WordPress (or similar web platform)
- Microsoft Office
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram
- Constant Contact (or similar) and YouTube preferred
- Proficient in PC and/or Mac.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
- This position requires a spirit of Welcome: it will be the first, and in some cases, only point of contact with Catholic Charities for members of the community who are interested in contributing and/or serving in social ministry with the agency.
- Rare, but occasional evening/weekend work is required.
- Should be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing with colleagues, parishes, clergy, and other community personnel.
- Must work well with limited supervision and be able to solve problems independently and quickly.
- Must be able to organize projects and content consistently in shared folders.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to acquire information from a variety to sources as deadlines approach.
- Must be able to multi-task, respond appropriately to deadlines, plan ahead, have great attention to detail, and be able to produce quality results.
- Must demonstrate self-confidence, initiative, flexibility, and a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be willing to jump in and assist team as needed.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Education Requirements (Any)
BA or BS
Additional Information / Benefits
Catholic Charities offers benefits of Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation, Sick, and 12 Holidays, 401K (up to 7% matched)
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Chief Advancement Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1