Catholic Charities of Louisville is an apostolate of the Archdiocese of Louisville and member of Catholic Charities USA. We provide service for people in need, advocate for justice in social structures, and call the entire Church and other people of good will to do the same.
Catholic Charities of Louisville is the social-service arm of the Archdiocese of Louisville. We provide help and create hope for the poor and vulnerable through a wide range of programs, assisting clients of all races, backgrounds and beliefs. Our service area includes 24 counties throughout Central Kentucky.
Catholic Charities of Louisville was established in 1939 and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) human service organization in 1993. It is one of over 160 Catholic Charities USA social service agencies in the United States.
Catholic Charities of Louisville has established three core values to represent us as an organization and are a gauge for how we work with each other as well as our clients and partners. They are Welcome, Strengthen and Empower.
Pay Rate $20 an hour.....
Additional Information / Benefits
FULL TIME NON-EXEMPT POSITION $20 HOURLY
The Refugee Resource Delivery Associate is responsible for picking up furniture donations and other household goods; placing these items in the warehouse; and delivering/setting up furniture and household goods in apartments/houses of soon-to-arrive refugees in accordance with programmatic requirements. This person works in coordination with the In-Kind Coordinator and also maintains, inventories, and organizes the donation room and warehouse spaces. The Refugee Resource Delivery Associate is also a member of the case management team, which works together to ensure that each refugee resettled by MRS is provided with all necessary services and is assisted in overcoming all barriers to achieve a successful resettlement in the U.S. This person works as a support to the rest of the case management team in the fulfillment of Core Services as described under the Cooperative Agreement.
In keeping with the Mission and Vision of Catholic Charities of Louisville, the Refugee Resource Delivery Associate will demonstrate the Values of the agency: Welcome, Empower and Strengthen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Drives CCL box tuck and picks up donations of furniture and other household goods, placing these items in one of two storage locations, and delivering/setting up furniture and household goods in homes of soon-to-arrive refugees in accordance with governmental requirements.
- Gathers and provides all necessary household goods for newly arriving refugee clients; accurately completing all associated required paperwork.
- Presents self in a professional manner with donors and provides donors with a letter of receipt for donated items.
- Works with In-Kind Coordinator to distribute donations to clients.
- Maintains inventory of available items in a safe, clean, and organized manner while also notifying supervisor when a shortage of items requires solicitation for donation.
- Maintains logbook and vehicle per established procedures and reports any problems to supervisor while also preforming routine maintenance on the truck (oil changes, cleanliness and upkeep, etc.).
- Works as a case management team member and takes direction from supervisor to ensure each client case complies with all requirements and expectations of the funding sources.
- Documents all substantial contact with clients in case files, computer databases, and any required forms.
- Attend all staff meetings and community meetings as directed by supervisors.
- Other related tasks as assigned by Refugee Resource Coordinator or Case Manager.
This work is performed both in an office setting as well as out in the community and in various Catholic Charities locations and storage facilities. In the office setting, there is moderate noise due to computers, printers, and people moving about and out in the community interacting constantly with clients and a wide variety of service providers. Work preformed out in the community and in various CCL locations will be under a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 75 lbs. of furniture, clothing, and household furnishings.
- Specific vision abilities include close and distant vision
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel daily within the community
- Ability to accurately examine and analyze information
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
box truck, telephone, computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, and shredder
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is required. One year of work experience preferably with people of various cultures preferred but not required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and ability to drive 14 foot box truck/other agency vehicles.
- Ability to speak languages commonly spoken by current refugee populations preferred.
- Work under pressure, handle stressful situations, and have good communication skills to interact successfully with colleagues, clients, volunteers, service providers, and donors.
- Set boundaries with clients and be professional and compassionate.
- If English is the second language, this person must have acceptable proficiency in listening and reading comprehension as well as oral and written communication in English.
- Be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Proficient in PC skills
- Must be people oriented and relate to a varied ethnic population.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information she/he encounters.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the Refugee Housing Coordinator
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1