Who we are.
TEAM Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the contract security and building service industries and has been since 1989. TEAM offers a host of fully integrated solutions from operations, financial and workforce management to employee and customer self-service to time and attendance products designed to help customers profit from efficiency. Based in Omaha, Nebraska, TEAM is an employee-owned company whose “startup mentality” drives us in our pursuit of innovation and fuels our commitment to our customers.
Who we’re looking for
TEAM is currently looking for a DevOps Specialist will be an integral member of the Software Development team who will provide skills and experience with the inter dependencies of software development and operations, including communication, collaboration and integration and help develop goals, strategies and initiatives across the team in alignment with strategic objectives. In this role, the DevOps Specialist is responsible for managing stakeholder communications and escalations during production incidents and helps coordinate the problem management process in order to get to the root cause of issues. This person serves cross functionally, bridging gaps within the company stakeholders, subject matter experts and most notably between software and product development-oriented teams and our customer experience teams.
• Work as a Liaison between Executive, Client Facing and Development teams
• Assist in managing project work for Operations team
• Continually improve DevOps tools, processes and procedures
• Support application deployments, new systems and upgrades
• Ensure that there is adequate monitoring and reporting to be able to identify problems, and resolve/escalate them as appropriate
• Help identify tools or processes to support the infrastructure and improve automation for manual elements
• Identify operations improvements to strengthen organizational processes and practices to enhance support quality and customer satisfaction.
• Create/maintain accurate and up to date documentation on the current infrastructure and system support documents such as run books
• Resolve critical/complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Proactively monitor customer’s technical issues and drive support requests and escalations to a satisfactory resolution.
• Escalate to correct teams and communicate any service related technical incidents, ongoing service interruptions and/or problems
• Ability to work with customers for analysis of situations that lead into de-escalation and escalation as needed.
• Work closely with the engineering teams to help resolve bugs and deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
• Identify, analyze, coordinate, and resolve environment and infrastructure needs to ensure smooth running applications.
• Assist with the production release process and implementation plan that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform
• Incident management of environments including the necessary communication to stakeholders
• Collaborate and interact with departments as needed to support DevOps solutions
• Develop and apply best practices and standard DevOps policies and procedures
• Provide direction around priority and the sequence of work
• Communicate status updates, action plans and recommendations to senior leadership and other stakeholders
• Be accountable for results
Knowledge and Skill:
• Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience - 5 year’s work experience in either DevOps or Software Development Life Cycle.
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Know how to manage stakeholder expectations and conflicting priorities while keeping things in perspective and maintaining composure
• Must be situationally aware and escalate issue to management as appropriate
• Excellent time management and effective decision-making ability.
• Outstanding teamwork and influential management skills with the ability to work with others at all levels internally and externally
• Be able to see beyond what is requested and get to the core of what is needed!
• Provide training and coaching to other team members and act as a go to person for process knowledge
• Advance knowledge and skills through continuing education and training
• Strong Project/program planning, organizing and monitoring and reporting experience
• Experience with Cloud technologies is a plus
• Proven background of DevOps and/or software development using an Agile/Scrum methodology
• Strong understanding of development workflow and process
• Knowledge of agile requirements elicitation
• Strong familiarity with the software product lifecycle
• Work closely with the development teams to help implement improvements to availability, scalability and performance of our environment in order to provide high quality and dynamic solutions
• Understanding of network fundamentals and SQL Server
• Technically proficient with a range of software and technology tools including MS Office, TFS, CRM, relational databases, survey tools, and research methodologies.
The TEAM Difference.
As an employee-owned company, we’re invested in our company, literally. But it’s more than a nice retirement plan — employee ownership is about motivating each other to do good work, challenging the status quo and consistently delivering more than what is asked. We have high standards and look for like-minded individuals to drive our success.
TEAM’s culture, along with our “own it” attitude, are intertwined in our guiding values: keep customers first, be accountable and do more. We’re looking for skilled individuals interested in building long-term careers and upholding our culture — people who are looking for more than just a paycheck. But, speaking of paychecks, our top-level compensation and benefit package and other perks (casual environment, flexible work schedules, etc.) are pretty awesome, too.
Come for the job — stay for the award-winning culture. TEAM was named the 2016 Company of the Year by the IA/NE Chapter of the ESOP Association, a national advocacy and education association dedicated to employee ownership. TEAM has also been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Omaha and was voted Best of Omaha in the Small Employer category.
TEAM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. TEAM also participates in the E-Verify program.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plan & 401(k)
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Education and Employment
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plan & 401(k)
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Education & Employment
This job reports to the Director of Software Development
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1