The laboratory is committed to improving the health and well-being of the community we serve by meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers as we provide the most accurate lab results in the most timely manner feasible.
- Utilizes the appropriate reagents and/or supplies for testing.
- Assures the quality of the testing process by performing calibration, quality control, and proficiency testing.
- Proficiently utilizes equipment appropriate to section.
- Accurately reports and certifies results in the LIS.
- Maintains close supervision over the retention and disposal of specimens, reagents, slides, etc...
- Performs proper maintenance and operation of all section equipment and documents as scheduled by policy.
- Accurately enters paitent orders, demographics, diagnoses/symptoms into computer system and routes reports as necessary.
- Administers post-phlebotomy care to all patients, aware of complications that might occur.
Bachelor's degree in medical laboratory technology or natural science and related experience from an accredited college.
High School Graduate or equivalent
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business administration or related medical office experience
Associate Degree or 60 semester hours in a physical, chemical, or biological science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited college
Medical Laboratory Technician Certification
MT or CLS from a national accrediting agency
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Educational Assistance, 403(B)
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam, Other
This job reports to the Chief Medical Technologist
This is a Full-Time position Varies.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1