New Hope Services (NHS) is proudly celebrating 65 years of service to Southern Indiana and our extended service area. NHS has built the capacity to provide a full continuum of human services from child and family support through ability services. Our unique expertise in developing affordable housing allows us to also partner with the communities we serve to have an even greater positive economic and community development impact.
Job Skills / Requirements
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Starting Annual Salary - $55,000 - $60,000
Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays & Personal Time Off
- Oversight of daily clinic operations to ensure adherence to federal, state, and local policies/ procedures.
- Communication with WIC Director
- Schedule intentional bi-weekly coaching meetings
- Maintain ongoing/routine communication.
- Supervise Clinic Managers
- Schedule monthly coaching meetings.
- Ensure monthly local clinic staff meetings are conducted.
- Review annual performance appraisals and provide feedback to supervisors prior to actual reviews.
- Conduct monthly WIC Manager meetings.
- Budget responsibilities
- Assist in developing and tracking WIC budget.
- Monitor monthly financials.
- Assist in end of month billing process.
- Review Grant Status Update (GSU) report on a monthly basis.
- Participate in development and monitoring of program goals/objectives.
- Facilitate WIC employee training.
- Request, maintain, and delete access accounts for employees as required.
- Develop and update training plans, including both agency and Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) training tools.
- Coordination of agency clinic schedule and staff assignments
- Hospital Certifications
- Maintain ongoing relationship with hospital OB staffing.
- Develop staffing plan and monitor operations as needed.
- Ensure technology needs are met for certification process.
- Update MOUs as needed.
- Review and assess reports.
- Attend WIC state and regional meetings.
- Represent WIC and New Hope Services at community meetings.
- Complete SharePoint responsibilities: training registration; employee roster updates; publicity and outreach log.
- Oversee clinic computer hardware needs and IT equipment inventory.
- Coordinate nutrition education component of agency program.
- Coordinate local involvement with IDOH WIC pilot projects.
- Incorporate education opportunities/activities at the local level as stipulated in the State Nutrition Education Plan.
- Develop standardized second nutrition education contact options for all clinics (individual counseling; online nutrition education; facilitated group discussions; and food demonstrations)
- Maintain agency nutrition education material list with state approved materials.
- Assist agency WIC director with completion of Nutrition Education Plan.
- Perform certification duties as needed.
- Accept clinic assignments as scheduled. Travel reimbursement provided for subsequent clinic travel beyond clinic site where workday begins.
- Assist in other areas of the facility as requested by any building supervisor or program director.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Be thoroughly familiar with, and review at least annually, Personnel Policies and Procedures of New Hope Services, Inc.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personnel and financial matters of the Corporation.
- Contribute to the team effort to accomplish the mission of New Hope Services, providing services responsive to individual needs
- Basic computer knowledge
- Experience working in public health, pediatrics, and/or obstetrics
- Dynamic leadership history focusing on possibilities rather than limitations
- Innovative technology expertise
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of people, in a variety of settings, including employees, outside vendors, and community leaders
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Dietician or Registered Nurse with a valid licensure required or minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, approved by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), in Nutrition or related field with a minimum of 15 hours in nutrition courses
- Two (2) years of previous supervision experience preferred
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelors Degree in Nutrition or Related Field
Certification Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
- LTD - company paid
- Life Insurance - company paid
- Employee Assistance Program - company paid
- Accident & Critical Illness
- 401k - annual company match (% varies)
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Days, Paid Holidays
- Cell phone reimbursement stipend
*Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
This job reports to the WIC Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required for day trips only
Number of Openings for this position: 1