Lexington, KY, United States of America
The E-Sports Coach will work closely with other university staff to launch E-Sports at Transylvania University. In this role, the position will work with the E-Sports Committee to launch E-Sports for Fall 2021-22 academic year. The position also serves to promote E-Sports and recruit new and current students to participate in it. This work will include coordination of practice, events and competition. In addition this position will support IT staff with oversight of the E-sports facilities and equipment.
This position will start on a part time basis with 25 hours/week with the possibility of moving to full time as E-Sports interest and enrollment increases.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Work with E-Sports Committee to fully launch E-Sports at Transy in fall 2021. As a new program, this will include coordination with other office across campus including, but not limited to Admissions, Marketing/Communications, Student Affairs, Academics and IT.
- Recruit E-Sports participants with goal of for fall 2021 to include advertising, holding clinics/camps and managing social media
- Serve as point person for interested students and answer questions from prospective and current students
- Holding Tryouts, Coordinate schedule of practice and competitions.
- Represent Transy at events.
- Continuously ensure personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with the University's values
- Ensuring team compliance with all league, conference, and institutional rules and regulations
- Oversee gamers during practices and events including player mediation, where necessary.
- Manage E-sports facility with IT supervision and coordination.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends. Travel is required for recruiting, as well as with the team for tournaments.
- Work with Dean’s office on appropriate academic connections
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Five or more years of gaming competition is also required. E-Sports coaching, supervision or mentoring as well as experience with leagues and competition strongly preferred.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
This job reports to the Vice President, Student Affairs
This is a Part-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1