Fischer Homes is one of the largest and most reputable home builders in the Greater Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Atlanta areas. Founded in 1980, the company has grown to building over 24,000 homes and employs over 500 Associates. Fischer Homes' solid reputation has been built largely by the talent of our Associates as we have been recognized as the 37th largest builder in the United States.
Within the Fischer Homes organization, we value diversity and see each Associate as a team member and valuable asset. We select highly competent individuals to join our team, provide them with all of the resources, training, and development possible for them to make significant contributions, drive their own success while determining their career paths. The rewards for their efforts are advanced career opportunities with commensurate compensation packages and ultimately, the continued growth and stability of both Associates and Fischer Homes.
Fischer Homes holds the highest ethical standards of business. We are honest and straightforward and will stand by our word. Our actions demonstrate respect, courtesy and above all, fairness.
Senior level JS developer - node.js and React.
Day to day:
- Analyze and help define software requirements
- Provide accurate estimates of LOE
- Design and develop applications that meet the needs of the organization
- Design and develop solutions which are
- 80% building new applications in latest framework following best industry practices
- 20% maintaining old applications
- working within agile development/methodology (1-week sprints)
- new solutions must have Unit Tests
- new solutions need to have continuous integration or at least automated deployment
- training/mentoring lower level developers, with creation of training courses and materials
- defining coding standards and knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- suggesting and implementing new ideas for the team
- working with the entire IT department to create effective solutions and see projects completed successfully
- 4+ years in JS development, backend and frontend. Experience and knowledge are more important than years alone
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and best industry standards
- Previous experience leading a team, training & mentoring other developers
- Experience writing/completing Unit Testing
- Experience working with APIs & RESTful APIs
- Experience working in Agile
- Willing to learn new technologies (C++, C#, PHP)
- Good interpersonal communication
- Experience with .Net, C++, PHP
- Experience with SQL based databases (SQL server, Pervasive, MYSQL)
- Experience working with NoSQL
Working in a Windows environment, on a team of 6.
Needs to be able to talk to external and internal clients, help gather requirements.
Work hours are 1st shift Monday-Friday, no travel, no remote, no relocation.
Code examples from previous work are a great plus.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans
This job reports to the IS Manager - Application Development
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1