Centre College is a premier national liberal arts college that serves approximately 1,400 students and provides a supportive community and a flexible, personal academic path to a meaningful life and career. Founded in 1819, Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $420 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre welcomes and supports diversity. The College strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated, where individuals can exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view our Statement of Community.
Located in Danville, KY, the historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky.
For information concerning the College, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Job Skills / Requirements
A junior position within the creative department in the Office of Strategic Marketing and Communications that assists in the development, production design, content upload, launch and maintenance of the College’s website. Provides production design support for social media channels, and digital advertising efforts, and video editing. Individual reports to the Web and Graphic Designer and the Creative Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Edits College website content for accuracy and consistency, while working with departments across campus to update and add new content;
- Enhances web pages with the addition of photos, graphics, and videos;
- Assists with the content and design of new pages for the College’s website;
- Edits photos for web, social media and print projects:
- Supports social media and digital advertising with production design;
- Works with the Visual Editor in editing and posting video and photography to the Centre College website;
- Demonstrates appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race and sexual orientation.
- Is able to work remote.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Contributes to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience required..
Knowledge and Skills
Web page design and strong organizational skills. On the job experience with Internet and social media channels including UX/UI design, as well as proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Light Room, After Effects, and Premier. Knowledge of Internet Analytics and Metrics as well as Digital Asset Management and CMS such as Drupal products a plus.
Limited pushing, pulling, and lifting (not to exceed 20 lbs.). Mobility on campus necessary.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. For full consideration, application materials must be submitted online by January 31, 2023.
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor's Degree required.
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the Creative Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, occasional evenings and weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1