Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Work with individuals who have potential to make significant gifts to Centre College. Individual reports to Director of Philanthropy.
Essential Job Functions:
• Managing all aspects (identification, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of approximately 150 individual major gift prospects with capacity to give ($25,000 and higher);
• Keeping current on programs and initiatives that advance the College’s strategic objectives;
• Assisting with annual giving as necessary;
• Representing College at various Regional and on-campus events;
• Traveling to visit prospects in assigned region;
• Engaging and interacting with a diverse group of alumni, parents and friends of the College;
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree would be an asset. Minimum of five years experience in the area of individual major gift solicitations and relevant experience. High integrity and ethical standards are required, along with enthusiasm for the mission of Centre College.
Knowledge and Skills:
Exceptional skill in interpersonal relations, communications (both speaking and writing ability). Ability to work collaboratively with department colleagues and with other members of the faculty and staff.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus and ability to travel to visit prospects necessary.
Ability to travel to visit prospects is required.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security & Sex Offender traces
This job reports to the Director of Philanthropy
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends as necessary..
Relocation is provided and travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1