Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Responsible for maintaining relationships that enhance engagement with Centre College, specifically related to maximizing their philanthropic potential, with approximately 800 individuals who are deemed to have the potential to make gifts of $25,000 now or at some time in the future.
Essential Job Functions:
• Managing a portfolio of approximately 800 individuals as assigned to encourage them to engage with the College as volunteers, advocates, and donors; specifically to maximize annual giving potential and developing major gift potential.
• Connecting with individuals about College priorities and personal interests via email, social media platforms, telephone, mailings, Centre College functions and occasional personal visits.
• Communicating the strategic vision and specific funding priorities of Centre College to constituents.
• Working with other related offices and functions, including alumni and family engagement, annual giving, the center for career and professional development, academic affairs, athletics, and the office of the president to advance institutional priorities and to appropriately connect donors to their areas of specific interest.
• Identify opportunities to deepen engagement with the College through various volunteer boards, committees, and councils.
• Attend and assist with various events as assigned (such as Homecoming, Family Weekend, alumni events both on and off campus, etc.)
• Ensure that reports on substantive contacts with constituents are recorded appropriately and in a timely fashion.
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds
• Other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends;
• Providing support to campus offices requiring the involvement of alumni, parents, and friends of the College;
• Serving as a member of the annual giving solicitation team in conjunction with other members of the College’s advancement staff.
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Valid driver’s license required.
Three to five years of experience in development, customer service, sales, marketing or relevant experience is desired. Enthusiasm for the mission of Centre College.
Knowledge and Skills:
Basic understanding of fundraising management database software. Working understanding of social media platforms. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security & Sex Offender traces
This job reports to the Director Individual Philanthropy
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends will be necessary..
Relocation is provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1