Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College, a four-year private institution that both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes continuously rank among the nation’s top 50 liberal arts colleges, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director, Scholarship Coordinator.
Individual will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of promotion, recruitment, selection, and yield for Centre’s premier scholarship programs and special scholarships, including the Brown Fellows Program, the Grissom Scholars Program, and the Lincoln Scholars Program. Individual will report to Associate Dean & Director of Admission.
Essential Job Functions:
• Plan and execute publicity and promotion of scholarship programs to raise Centre’s profile and attract highly qualified applicants to the College. Responsibilities include but not limited to direct mail, email, and social media campaigns; digital and print resources; events on and off campus; outreach to school counselors and community-based organizations; and targeted school visits.
• Work with admission staff, and program directors to identify and recruit exciting candidates, with a special focus on premier scholarships. Respond to inquiries from students and families.
• Manage applicant review and finalist selection process for premier scholarships, working closely with program directors and the Director of Admission. Actively participate in selection meetings.
• Plan and coordinate finalist interview weekend for approximately 100 premier scholarship candidates. Manage communication, travel arrangements and reimbursements, overnight hosting, personalized agendas, and group events for finalists. Coordinate faculty, staff and student volunteers. Oversee and report on event budget.
• Work with responsible admission staff members and financial aid staff to coordinate special scholarship recruitment, application process, and selection. This includes Bonner Scholars, New Horizons Scholars, Language scholarships, and Performing Arts scholarships.
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required with 3-5 years of progressive experience in admission or a related higher education field.
Knowledge and Skills:
Understanding and appreciation for highly residential liberal arts college.
Organizational skills are paramount; also important are tact, judgment, humor and the ability to communicate effectively with constituencies ranging from senior faculty members to high school sophomores.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary. Valid Drivers license required.
Bachelor's degree required with 3-5 years of progressive experience in admission or a related higher education field.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Comm
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security & Sex Offender traces
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends as necessary..
Travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1