Centre College, founded in 1819, offers its students a world of opportunities, highlighted by the nation’s #3 ranked study abroad program, ranked #46 by US News of national liberal arts colleges, and recently tabbed as one of the top 100 colleges in the nation for sports lovers, coming in at #47 (across all NCAA Divisions) for student-athlete experience according to Money magazine and Sports Illustrated. Located on 152-acres in Danville, Ky., the heart of the Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky, Centre is a proud member of the NCAA Division III, a founding member of the Southern Athletic Association.
Reporting to the Head Track and Field Coach, this position assists with various aspects of building a nationally-competitive track and field program, including but not limited to: identifying and recruiting successful student-athletes, skill development during practices and meets, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, building a positive and cohesive team culture, and other duties as assigned.
This position requires compliance with all NCAA, SAA, and Centre College rules and regulations and to and mindful of the College’s core values of diversity and inclusion.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, trainings, and competition;
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
• Assist in directing appropriate aspects of the team;
• Assist with the holistic development of track and field student-athletes;
• Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
• Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the track and field program;
• Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
• Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics;
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned;
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and ethnic backgrounds;
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of track and field and its rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of track and field; knowledge of travel, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.
Bachelors Degree with previous collegiate playing or coaching experience required.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security and Sexual Offender Screening
This job reports to the Head Track and Field Coach
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1