Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College, a four-year private institution that both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes continuously rank among the nation’s top 50 liberal arts colleges, is accepting applications for the position of Electronic Resources / Reference Librarian.
Individual will manage electronic resources for the library and provide reference and research services to faculty, students, staff, and community patrons.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinate the evaluation, acquisition, marketing and maintenance of electronic resources; track and analyze usage statistics to inform future collections and budget decisions and for annual reporting purposes;
• Coordinate renewal and purchasing decisions for electronic resources,
• Track licensing details for electronic resources.
• Troubleshoot access issues within discovery service, knowledge base and link resolver;
• Promote electronic resources within the library and to students, faculty, and staff;
• Serve as library liaison to assigned academic departments (including instructional responsibilities);
Track developments of new and changing online services and resource
• In conjunction with the Collection Development Librarian, manage collection development for assigned academic departments;
• Purchase films for the library collection and manage all licensing contracts for associated performance rights;
· Develop and conduct library instruction classes for users with varying skill levels;
· Work with the research and instruction team to develop instructional strategy and assessment measures;
· Provide user-centered reference assistance and support to students, faculty, staff, and community patrons.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program.
• One year of professional experience managing a library’s electronic resources.
• One year of experience providing reference and instruction in an academic library.
• Experience administering EBSCO A-Z and LinkSource. (preferred)
• Experience administering EZproxy. (preferred)
• Experience administering OCLC WMS including Collection Manager, EBSCOA-Z, Full Text Finder, and EZproxy. (preferred)
• Experience with the Springshare platform, particularly building and using Libguides (preferred)
• Some knowledge of web design, HTML, CSS (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
Working knowledge of Excel.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security & Sex Offender traces
This job reports to the Director of Library Services
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Once evening shift a week from 2-10:00 pm and some weekend reference shifts..
Number of Openings for this position: 1