This is a part/time position, with no benefits.
Hours per week would not exceed 17 hours.
Tuesday/Thursday - 5:00 am to 10;00 am (during the academic year).
5:00 am - 9:00 am (during the academic breaks).
Saturdays - 7:30 am to 10:30 am.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Checking member ID cards;
• Issuing and enrolling memberships;
• Issuing guest passes;
• Interact in professional manner with students, faculty, staff, members and guests;
• In absence of Fitness Room Workers, wash/dry towels;
• Recording of all incidents and accidents on appropriate forms and file;
• Handle cash transactions;
• Awareness of safety and security issues;
• Check facility to make sure all members have left the building prior to departing for the evening;
• Responsible for appropriate TV and music stations in the Fitness Center;
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma required. Valid driver's license.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security & Sex Offender traces
This job reports to the Director of the Buck Fitness Center
This is a Part-Time position Tuesday/Thursday 5:00 am - 10:00 am and Saturdays 7:30 am - 10:30 am.
Number of Openings for this position: 1