Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College, a four-year private institution that both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes continuously rank among the nation’s top 50 liberal arts colleges, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men's & Women's Golf Coach.
Under supervision of the Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach, provide assistance in all aspects of coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for nationally-competitive Division III golf programs. Individual reports to the Head Men’s and Women’s Golf Coach.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, competitions, and player meetings;
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
• Evaluate junior golfers for potential fit for Centre College programs;
• Assist with the strength and conditioning program for the team
• Assist with the holistic development of golf student-athletes;
• Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
• Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the golf programs – including but not limited too – office administration and organization, equipment and apparel management, and hosting of home events;
• Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
• Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required with previous coaching experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of golf and its playing rules; ability to foster a team environment; knowledge of travel, lodging, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to travel extensively throughout the year.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling up to 25 pounds. Standing and or walking for more than four hours per day.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Bachelor's degree with previous collegiate experience; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Social Security & Sex Offender traces
This job reports to the Head Men's & Women's Golf Coach
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends required..
Relocation is negotiable and travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1