Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Under supervision of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach, provide assistance in the leadership of coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for a Division III men’s basketball program. Individual reports to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach. This is a part-time position with no benefits.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training sessions, and competitions;
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
• Assist in directing all aspects of the program;
• Assist with the holistic development of men’s basketball student-athletes;
• Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
• Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the men’s basketball program;
• Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletic.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of basketball and its playing rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of basketball; knowledge of travel, lodging, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.
Bachelors degree with previous collegiate playing experience required
CPR, AED, and First-Aid certifications will be required. If individual does not have these, then they must be obtained in reasonable amount of time.
This job reports to the Head Men's Basketball Coach
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends as necessary..
Number of Openings for this position: 1