Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the State of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Assists in the general operations and maintenance of the mechanical, HVAC and associated systems to accomplish a smooth operating environment for all faculty, staff and students.
Essential Job Functions:
• Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Superintendent reads and records operating characteristics of various heating, air conditioning, gas distribution systems;
• Service and maintain HVAC systems including use and management of CFC compounds;
• Performs maintenance to all aspects of building operating systems;
• Assists in performing audits of all equipment and establishing and completing preventive maintenance programs;
• Troubleshoots and makes repairs to operating equipment, all controls and control equipment associated with building operating systems;
• Assists in installation, connection/disconnecting of various electrical devices, all voltages and performs troubleshooting of all type of electrical lines and equipment, as refers to HVAC equipment;
• Services and maintains the emergency powered generators;
• Serves as an on-call person for designated periods to respond to emergencies after normal working hours; In compliance with the Facilities Management On-Call and Overtime Policies.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Valid driver’s license required. Three years of field experience in building maintenance related to heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Valid license or certification of CFC, electrical or similar trade.
Individual must possess or obtain a CFC license within a specified period.
Knowledge and Skills:
General mechanical aptitude and the ability to solve complex mechanical problems on an emergency basis.
Journeyman’s license desired.
Experience in copper brazing.
Understanding of mechanical controls.
Standing, walking, climbing stairs, ladders, turning, stooping, crouches and lifting heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds. Mobility on campus necessary.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Must possess or obtain a CFC license within a specified period.
This job reports to the Maintenance Superintendent
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evening and weekend work required..
Number of Openings for this position: 1