Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College, a four-year private institution that both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes continuously rank among the nation’s top 50 liberal arts colleges, is accepting applications for the position of Academic Systems Coordinator.
Individual will provide technical support and maintenance for College’s technology classrooms and meeting spaces on campus and user support for constituents using the comprehensive technology environment. Support the College’s initiative to embrace technology in the teaching and learning environment. Work will include daily troubleshooting of general technology-related issues. Duties also include providing assistance to all constituents, performing routine maintenance and testing of classroom equipment, and supporting, repairing, and/or replacing faulty or failed equipment. Reports to the User Support & Helpdesk Manager as part of the user support team.
Essential Job Functions
• Ensure full functionality of projection equipment, cabling, and computers (both Mac and PC) and system control products in classrooms and meeting spaces by coordinating repair and replacement actions.
• Manage classroom equipment monitoring, support, and repair.
• Coordinate vendor contracting and scheduling of replacements and upgrades of A/V equipment.
• Ensure full functionality of various audio/visual equipment (DVD players, document cameras, sound systems, projectors, TV’s, digital signage) used by the campus in technology-enhanced spaces by coordinating repair and replacement actions.
• Support and management of the Moodle Learning Management system server.
• Provide “on the spot” technical support and professionally manage crisis-level situations.
• Assist faculty and staff members with audio and video delivery systems: Video-on-demand, web conferencing technologies, and videoconferencing.
• Assist ITS staff members with faculty, staff and student training and documentation.
• Assist other ITS staff members with daily work and training of student employees and ITS Helpdesk operation.
• Provide general technical support to faculty, staff, and students.
• Develop and maintain a technology refresh plan for assigned systems and recommended upgrades, submit annual budget proposals, and execute upgrade plan once approved
Marginal Job Functions:
• Assist the CTL Event Support Coordinator during large events such as commencement.
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned or as directed by the User Support & Helpdesk Manager or ITS Director.
Education and Experience:
• Work experience directly related to the environment described in this document required, preferably within the educational environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Understanding of the technology requirements necessary to support the educational mission, administrative support, and residential life of a small liberal arts college.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all campus constituent groups including faculty, staff, students, and guests of the College.
• Ability to interact effectively with technology vendor partners.
• Ability to communicate effectively on both technical and non-technical levels to faculty, students, and staff.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with or without direct oversight in the delivery of support to various constituents.
• Working knowledge of Mac and PC operating systems and various audio/visual equipment.
• Basic Linux OS, or a UNIX-based OS, knowledge is highly desired.
• Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint, or equivalent portal, and creating basic pages with, lists, document libraries and other standard portals is highly desired.
• Some lifting, pulling, and pushing of computer equipment is necessary.
Some equipment exceeds 50 pounds and requires appropriate handling procedures.
• Mobility on campus to various locations required.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the State of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This job reports to the Chief Information Officer
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends as events require..
Relocation is negotiable and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1