Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, student, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College, a four-year private institution that both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes continuously rank among the nation’s top 50 liberal arts colleges, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men's Soccer Coach.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the State of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu
Under supervision of the Head Men’s Soccer Coach, individual will provide assistance in the leadership of all coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for a Division III men’s soccer program. Individual reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Men’s Soccer Coach.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training, and competition;
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
• Assist in directing all aspects of the program;
• Assist with the holistic development of men’s soccer student-athletes;
• Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
• Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the men’s soccer program;
• Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
• Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics;
• Will be assigned a secondary job duty by the Director of Athletics.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with previous collegiate playing experience required; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of soccer and its playing rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of soccer; knowledge of travel, lodging, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department. Experience with Front Rush and Enrollment Manager is a plus.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling up to 25 pounds. Standing and or walking for more than four hours per day.
Bachelor's degree with previous collegiate experience; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
This job reports to the Director of Athletics & Recreation
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends required..
Travel is required frequently
Number of Openings for this position: 1