Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College has been among the nation's leading colleges in alumni participation in annual giving for over 40 years.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu.
Individual will manage and coordinate the annual giving operation. Individual reports to the Vice President for Development& Alumni Engagement.
Essential Job Functions:
• Meet budget expectations for annual gift income;
• Maintain and enhance Centre’s national prominence in alumni participation;
• Direct the annual and daily work plan for the annual giving team;
• Coordinate Centre Fund mail, telephone, and email solicitations;
• Coordinate Parents Fund mail, telephone, and email solicitations;
• Acknowledge annual gifts in a timely fashion;
• Manage annual giving staff;
• Meet goals for membership in the Centre Associates ($1,000+ annual donors) and the Colonels Club ($100-$999 annual donors);
• Manage the Centre Associates and Colonels Club donor recognition societies;
• Personal solicitation of prospective donors for annual giving upgrades;
• Report to the Board of Trustees three times per year on progress of the overall program.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Possible assignment of a limited number of major gift ($25,000+) prospects.
Education and Experience:
Valid driver’s license required. Three to five years of experience in annual giving or a similar field. Enthusiasm for the mission of Centre College.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to manage time to accommodate multiple projects from various sources. Ability to work with various constituents of the College and those outside Centre’s community.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs. Mobility on campus and ability to travel to meet with prospects necessary.
Bachelor' Degree required.
This job reports to the Vice President for Development & Alumni Engagement
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends required..
Number of Openings for this position: 1