Founded in 1819, Centre College is a small, selective educational community located in Danville, Kentucky, and serves approximately 1,400 students by focusing on high quality undergraduate education as its primary mission. The historic, picturesque 150-acre campus is 30 miles from Lexington, in the famed Bluegrass Region of Central Kentucky. Centre accomplishes its goals in an atmosphere of caring and respectful relationships among faculty, students, and staff. The College has an endowment in excess of $300 million and an operating budget of more than $65 million.
Centre College, a four-year private institution that both U.S. News & World Report and Forbes continuously rank among the nation's top 50 liberal arts colleges, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Gift Planning.
The individual in this position energetically lead important functions within the development program pertaining to gift planning and fundraising, and builds relationships with diverse groups of donors and other external constituencies, also the individual builds support for the future of the College through current and future gift commitments.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify, qualify, cultivate; solicit, and steward planned gift donors
• Work directly with diverse groups of donors and their professional advisors to craft personalized giving strategies, providing individual planned gift illustrations, consistent with the values and priorities of the donors
• Partner closely with the Vice President for Legal Affairs and Gift Planning, and a talented team of members of the development staff, finance office, office of student financial planning, and other offices
• Lead dynamic and creative gift planning marketing program (literature, Website, advertisements)
• Lead or partner on stewardship functions for planned giving donors, including events and mailings
• Document work with donors and details of gift plans
• Moderate to heavy travel and some evening and weekend responsibilities required.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Manage budgets and filing
• Organize and keep current records regarding planned giving
• Keep current on rules, regulations, tax laws, and current information pertaining to planned giving, taxes, financial and wealth management, and related matters
Education and Experience:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Experience with computers, database management, and record keeping
Knowledge and Skills:
Systems: Word Processing (Microsoft Word), Excel
Organization: Ability to manage time to accommodate multiple projects from various sources. Ability to manage projects independently from start to finish.
Interpersonal: Ability to work with various and diverse constituents of the College and those outside Centre’s community, particularly older adults, and to be an outstanding representative for the College. Ability to function well among sophisticated individuals with significant wealth, education, and social status. Highly professional and able to maintain the utmost of confidentiality. Unwavering commitment to customer service and providing prompt, professional responses to all prospect inquiries.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus necessary. Ability to travel long distances and stay one
or more nights away from home.
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu.
Bachelor's degree required with minimum of four years in complex roles in nonprofit or higher education fundraising, law, or financial services.
This job reports to the Vice President for Legal Affairs and Gift Planning
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends required..
Travel is required consistently
Number of Openings for this position: 1