Manage, implement and execute overall marketing and contributed revenue strategies, objectives, and tactics as directed by Associate Director of Norton Center for the Arts. The position reports to the Associate Director of Norton Center for the Arts.
Essential Job Functions:
• Execute marketing plans for specific products/services, series, special events, campaigns, program books, and overall organization.
• Execute sponsorships, partnerships and trade agreements with media and other promotional organizations.
• Assist in the management of advertising needs (all forms of media) including in- and out-of-house production.
• Assist in the coordination of public relations for all programs/events and enforce media relations and photography policies and procedures.
• Assist in various aspects of Norton Center electronic property including website, social networks and other electronic media; coordinate efforts with Centre College.
• Assist with development/execution of marketing research for Norton Center and its programs.
Ongoing Contributed Revenue
• Assist with execution of Norton Center fundraising activities, including, but not limited to: Annual giving; membership; endowments and planned giving; government, foundation, and corporate grant writing; capital campaigns and related activities; program/event sponsorships; and donor recognition and other special events and projects.
• Work with Associate Director of Norton Center for the Arts to manage related budgets.
• Perform any special projects as directed by the Associate Director of Norton Center for the Arts and Executive Director.
• Be familiar with all Norton Center programs.
• Represent the Norton Center in professional and community activities as deemed appropriate.
• Supervise and manage department student workers.
Education and Experience
• Bachelors required in Business or related field.
• One to three years working directly in marketing and/or fundraising position preferred.
• Experience working with performing arts organization preferred.
• Event planning experience preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated experience in successful marketing and development of events-based projects; arts/culture related organizations helpful.
• Ability to successfully produce results of concurrent projects.
• Excellent skills in technical writing and verbal communication.
• Valid driver’s license and own transportation.
• Experience with branding across social media sites, WordPress and the Adobe Creative Suite is helpful.
• Candidates should be self-starters, with excellent writing skills, proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, be customer service oriented and display creativity. Ability to apply critical thought to projects as well as the ability to organize tasks and work independently is necessary. Knowledge of the performing arts and/or an associates or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field is also helpful.
• Knowledge of Lexington, Danville and Greater Bluegrass Region preferred.
• Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
• Mobility on and off campus necessary.
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle required.
Bachelors degree required in Business or related field.
This job reports to the Associate Director of Norton Center for the Arts
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1