Under supervision of the Head Baseball Coach, provide assistance in the leadership of all coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for a Division III baseball program. Individual reports to the Head Baseball Coach. Secondary duty will be Facilities Assistant, which will report to the Director of Athletic Facilities and Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training, and competitions;
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with all Centre College, Southern Athletic Association, and NCAA rules and regulations;
• Assist in directing all aspects of the team;
• Assist with the holistic development of baseball student-athletes;
• Represent the program and the College to students, parents, alumni, and the general public;
• Assist in managing the daily operations and administration facets of the baseball program – including but not limited too – field maintenance and set-up, umpire management, travel coordination and equipment management;
• Actively participate in department-wide fundraising initiatives;
• Assist in all duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics;
• Complete tasks assigned by Director of Athletic Facilities and Operations in regards to secondary duty;
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of baseball and its playing rules; ability to foster a team environment; demonstrated coaching skills in sport of baseball; knowledge of travel, lodging, planning, and scheduling; a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy of athletics, sufficient knowledge of NCAA and SAA rules and regulations, and a demonstrated ability to successfully recruit, retain, and mentor student-athletes; the ability, and desire, to work successfully within a team-oriented athletic department.
Ability to throw Batting Practice and work with a position group to be determined by the Head Coach.
Bachelor's degree with previous collegiate experience; previous collegiate coaching experience preferred.
This job reports to the Head Baseball Coach
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends required..
Number of Openings for this position: 1