Assist Norton Center Technical Director to ensure excellent technical and production management and service of Norton Center programs. When time permits, assist with the production and programs of Centre’s dramatic arts and music programs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Schedules and manages student crews, sharing them with the Theatre Program TD
• Prioritizes and implements set-ups and construction schedules of any event that takes place in the Norton Center, including Drama Centre, convocations, concerts, subscription series events, recitals, lectures, etc.;
• Maintains inventory, repair, and purchase of shop equipment and supplies;
• Assists gallery supervisor in installation of art exhibitions in the Foyer of the Norton Center;
SECONDARY (as time permits)
• Assists the Theatre Program TD in scenery construction for three to five mainstage drama productions each year;
• Participates in theatre student recruitment/training process;
• Supports peripheral areas in the Norton Center such as the Black Box Theatre and Gillespie Recital Hall.
Successful candidate should possess a strong background in stage lighting and managing crews, as well as experience in sound reinforcement, audio-visual equipment and stage carpentry. Basic computer skills are also a plus.
BA or BFA with emphasis in technical theatre or the equivalent with years of previous experience.
This job reports to the Norton Center Technical Director
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, Some evenings and weekends required..
Number of Openings for this position: 1