Harrison Memorial Hospital is a regional medical facility located in the heart of Harrison County. Harrison Memorial Hospital is a private, not-for-profit facility licensed by the state of Kentucky and is recognized as a progressive entity in rural health. Harrison Memorial Hospital was named the first PurHosptialTM in the state of Kentucky and has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” for ten consecutive years. Our town may be small, but the healthcare we deliver is BIG!!
Job Skills / Requirements
• Performs laboratory tests and associated support work as directed by the Laboratory Manager and Supervisor.
• Cooperates and communicates professionally with the medical and nursing staff and hospital personnel.
• Uses technical knowledge to effectively make sound clinical decisions concerning lab issues and to troubleshoot instruments.
• Provide appropriate age specific and culturally oriented patient care to population served.
• Maintains all laboratory equipment and operates equipment safely and correctly.
Required Education, Skills, Abilities:
• Associate Degree from an approved school of medical laboratory technology
• Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of medical technology or a BS in chemical, physical, or biological science
• Certified as a MT, CLS, or MLT from a national certifying agency (ASCP, AMT, etc.)
• Candidates eligible for certification must attempt BOC exam a minimum of 2 times per year and provide evidence of attempts
• CEU’s for those accredited after 2004
• Works cooperatively and communicates effectively
• Follows oral and written instructions
• Initiative, accuracy, and judgment needed to determine the needs of the Laboratory
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to make sound clinical decisions based on patient condition and lab results
• Computer skills and ability to type
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and work independently
• Excellent customer service
Education Requirements (Any)
Associate Degree with related experience
Certification Requirements (Any)
MT, CLS, MLT Certification
ASCP or equivalent preferred
Additional Information / Benefits
Employees will be expected to comply with HMH’s infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but is not limited to, compliance with “HMH COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Healthcare Workers” unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the Department Manager
This is a Full-Time position 3rd Shift, Monday – Thursday (8pm – 6:30am) with possible weekend rotation.
Number of Openings for this position: 1