Harrison Memorial Hospital is a regional medical facility located in the heart of Harrison County. Harrison Memorial Hospital is a private, not-for-profit facility licensed by the state of Kentucky and is recognized as a progressive entity in rural health. Harrison Memorial Hospital was named the first PurHosptialTM in the state of Kentucky and has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” for ten consecutive years. Our town may be small, but the healthcare we deliver is BIG!!
Job Skills / Requirements
Within Nursing Service, the RN assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional and responsibility for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient centered care for an assigned group of patients. The professional nurse is prepared to assess the patient, develop a comprehensive nursing plan of care, implement aspects of nursing care to meet identified patient care outcomes, and evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing plan of care. Established nursing objectives, standards, policies, and procedures will be followed in administering nursing care.
Float Pool Requirements:
Float pool personnel will be assigned to a mutually agreed upon Tier / Shift for 6 months and will be required to sign a commitment agreement upon accepting a float pool assignment.
Required Education, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Active KY Registered Nurse (RN) license with no restrictions
- Must be cross trained to work in 2 different nursing areas (OB, ED, Med/Surg, Step Down, ICU, OR, or Cath Lab)
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Arrythmia, PALS, and NIHSS within 3 months of hire
- NRP, STABLE, and TNCC to be obtained during the department’s specified time frame.
- Monthly minimum requirement 8 twelve-hour shifts / 96 hours per 4-week schedule
- 2 weekend shifts per month required.
- 1 holiday required.
- Shift, Holiday, and Weekend differentials will be applied per policy.
Certification Requirements (Any)
TNCC, within 1 year of hire
NRP, within 6 months of hire
STABLE, within 1 year of hire
NIHSS, within 3 months of hire
Arrhythmia Class, within 1 year of hire
KY licensed RN
PALS w/in 3 mos. of date of hire
Additional Information / Benefits
Employees will be expected to comply with HMH’s vaccination policies, which include but is not limited to, compliance with “HMH COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Healthcare Workers” unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law.
This job reports to the Department Manager
This is a Part-Time position 2nd Shift, 7pm - 7 am.
Number of Openings for this position: 2