Harrison Memorial Hospital is a regional medical facility located in the heart of Harrison County. Harrison Memorial Hospital is a private, not-for-profit facility licensed by the state of Kentucky and is recognized as a progressive entity in rural health. Harrison Memorial Hospital was named the first PurHosptialTM in the state of Kentucky and has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” for nine consecutive years. Our town may be small, but the healthcare we deliver is BIG!!
Performs or prepares for a wide variety of patient radiology examinations that include general diagnostic, fluoroscopic, and special procedures. Operates radiographic equipment to produce highly diagnostic x-ray images without constant supervision. Responsible for the skilled and competent performance of radiology services ordered by a physician in accordance with established protocols set by this facility.
Required Education, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Graduate of a recognized program in Radiologic Technology approved by the American Medical Association.
• Certified by the Kentucky Department of Human Resources, Radiation Control Branch and maintains a current state license.
• Registered (or Registry Eligible) by the American registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and maintains a current state license.
• Maintain a minimum of 24 hours of KY Continuing Education (KCE) credit. Hours must be in compliance with Radiation Operators Certification: regulation of the Radiation Control Branch. Recertification every 2 years.
• CPR training (current) with recertification every 2 years.
• Ability to work independently
• Good communication skills with patients and staff
• Strong patient care/patient safety skills
• Exhibits the ability to work independently
• Excellent customer service skills.
KY Radiology License
Please Note: This position will work mostly weekends.
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Department Manager
This is a As Needed position Varies.
Number of Openings for this position: 1