The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is an independent public health agency charged with helping Lexington be well since 1904 and proudly nationally accredited since 2014. Vision: We will move Lexington toward being one of the healthiest communities in the nation. Mission: Helping Lexington be well. Values: We commit to being... Caring: We will treat our clients, community and coworkers with compassion and kindness. Accountable: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness. Respectful: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness. Equitable: We will provide services and care equitably to all of our clients throughout the community. Service: We are here to serve our clients and community. LFCHD provides a wide range of public health services for the community, including restaurant inspections, flu shots, HANDS visits for moms and dads, diabetes prevention/management, training to licensed child care providers, nutrition through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, school health, a needle exchange program to fight the spread of hepatitis C and HIV, and much more. Visit www.lfchd.org to learn more about LFCHD!
Now hiring for Executive Assistant Human Resources to perform administrative support for the Human Resources Officer and to relieve the officer of administrative details in the office.
Full-time, 40.0 hours per week. The pay is $17.23 per hour with a full comprehensive benefits package.
External applications successfully received by the December 7th deadline will be given first consideration on the list of certified eligible candidates.
This position is responsible for providing a variety of advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties for key personnel and others as directed.
· Maintain records and files for HR office including personnel files and related information.
· Create and/or maintain logs and checklists and perform necessary follow-up to keep records current.
· Manage the personnel requisitions process.
· Provides general clerical support to HR office to include mail duties, filing, photocopying, collating and faxing; provides back up for other administrative functions as necessary.
· Assists the officer in planning and analyzing special problems and handle details.
· Assists with HR projects and meetings and provides information on department services and functions.
· Provides customer service to internal and external customers by accepting incoming telephone calls and visitors to the HR office. Tactfully directs callers and visitors to the appropriate parties.
· Prepares and maintains correspondence and electronic records, including letters, meeting minutes, forms, and reports from drafts. Composes replies to correspondence as directed by the supervising officer; maintains filing systems for agendas, minutes and relevant materials; compiles monthly reports for distribution to staff and relevant committee members.
· Makes appointments and maintains appointment schedule for the supervising officer, making sure that communication between officer and department staff is kept open.
· Contacts persons in the department or in outside agencies to collect or give information, makes arrangements for meetings, trainings and conferences.
· Serve on logistics team and/or other assigned roles in the event of community disaster/preparedness.
Must have High School Diploma/GED and five (5) years of experience. Responsible administrative experience; experience with data entry, word processing and Excel spreadsheets; experience providing support to management level personnel.
High School Diploma/GED
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time and part-time eligible employees, including paid time off (annual and sick leave accruals). Employee benefits summary: Four medical plans are offered, so you can select the coverage that best meets your needs. Two plan options include an employer-funded health reimbursement account. Employees who waive medical coverage are eligible for an employer-funded health reimbursement account that receives $175 per month. Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance is available with three plan options ranging from basic to comprehensive. Additional benefits include basic life insurance and long term disability; cafeteria plans; wellness program, employee assistance program; paid holidays; paid annual leave and paid sick leave; and tuition reimbursement program. Retirement Benefits include the Kentucky Employees' Retirement System and Cash Balance plan and Kentucky Deferred Compensation which includes 401(k), 457, and IRA options.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the Officer Human Resources
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1