The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is an independent public health agency charged with helping Lexington be well since 1904 and proudly nationally accredited since 2014.
Vision: We will move Lexington toward being one of the healthiest communities in the nation.
Mission: Helping Lexington be well.
Values: We commit to being...
Caring: We will treat our clients, community and coworkers with compassion and kindness.
Accountable: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness.
Respectful: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness.
Equitable: We will provide services and care equitably to all of our clients throughout the community.
Service: We are here to serve our clients and community.
LFCHD provides a wide range of public health services for the community, including restaurant inspections, flu shots, HANDS visits for moms and dads, diabetes prevention/management, training to licensed child care providers, nutrition through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, school health, a needle exchange program to fight the spread of hepatitis C and HIV, and much more. Visit wwww.lexingtonhealthdepartment.org to learn more about LFCHD!
External applications accepted thru August 10, 2020.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position will full benefits package. The pay is $17.23 per hour.
This position is responsible for performing secretarial work of an administrative nature for the Clinical Services Officer and School Health Manager; will relieve officer and manager of administrative details within their offices. Provide administrative assistance and support for key personnel within clinical services.
This position is responsible for a high level of administrative assistant support as follows:
· Recording, transcribing and dispensing minutes for the executive level meetings and various departmental meetings; rotates Public Health Leadership meeting minutes. Maintains filing system for agendas, minutes, and hand-outs/actions forms for areas of responsibility. Responsible for compilation of reports for monthly distribution to the appropriate committee members, key staff members, and general public.
· Compiles and submits the monthly Board of Health report to officer for review.
· Schedule new hire interviews for and prepare interview packets as needed.
· Prepares and maintains materials such as letters, forms, and reports from drafts.
· Responsible for ordering medical supplies for clinic and Harm Reduction program.
· Responsible for ordering office supplies for officer.
· Answers and manages incoming telephone calls; receive and interact with visitors/clients.
· Manage and maintain officer and manager’s schedules and appointments.
· Make arrangements for meetings, conferences, and officer travel.
· Responsible for tracking Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments competencies for LFCHD staff who are required to complete mandatory trainings.
· Responsible for scheduling yearly calibrations for medical equipment within all branches of the agency.
· Assist compliance coordinator with quality assurance with clinical services charts.
High School diploma/GED and 18 months business education or training beyond the high school level and five (5) years’ experience..
Experienced in recording, transcribing and dispensing minutes from various board or executive staff meetings. Secretarial experience in administrative supports, strong word processing (proficiency priority placed on alphanumeric accuracy and attention to detail), and spreadsheet applications or equivalent education/experience.
High School Diploma/GED
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time and part-time eligible employees, including paid time off (annual and sick leave accruals).
Employee benefits summary:
Four medical plans are offered, so you can select the coverage that best meets your needs. Two plan options include an employer-funded health reimbursement account.
Employees who waive medical coverage are eligible for an employer-funded health reimbursement account that receives $175 per month.
Dental Insurance (Enhanced and Basic Plans offered).
Vision insurance provides coverage for eye exams, frames, lenses, and contacts.
Other benefits incentives: Basic life insurance and long term disability; Cafeteria plans; Wellness program, Employee assistance program; paid holidays; paid annual leave and paid sick leave; and Tuition reimbursement program.
Kentucky Employees' Retirement System (New benefit eligible employees will participate in a defined benefit pension plan known as Cash Balance Plan. The account earns 4% interest on both the member contribution and the Employer Pay Credit Balance at the end of the fiscal year. When the member is eligible to retire, the retirement benefit is calculated based on the member's accumulated account balance).
Kentucky Deferred Compensation
(Employees may elect to participate in supplemental retirement plans such as tax deferred 401K, Roth 401K, 457, Traditional IRA, and Roth IRA accounts).
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
This job reports to the Officer Clinical Services
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1