The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) is an independent public health agency charged with helping Lexington be well since 1904 and proudly nationally accredited since 2014.
Vision: We will move Lexington toward being one of the healthiest communities in the nation.
Mission: Helping Lexington be well.
Values: We commit to being...
Caring: We will treat our clients, community and coworkers with compassion and kindness.
Accountable: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness.
Respectful: We will respect all individuals without bias and value their uniqueness.
Equitable: We will provide services and care equitably to all of our clients throughout the community.
Service: We are here to serve our clients and community.
LFCHD provides a wide range of public health services for the community, including restaurant inspections, flu shots, HANDS visits for moms and dads, diabetes prevention/management, training to licensed child care providers, nutrition through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, school health, a needle exchange program to fight the spread of hepatitis C and HIV, and much more. Visit wwww.lexingtonhealthdepartment.org to learn more about LFCHD!
This is a full time 40.0 hours per week, non exempt position. The pay is $17.23 per hour with full benefits package. Under minimal supervision performs preventive maintenance tasks, troubleshoots computer systems and peripheral equipment problems and provides end-user technical support throughout the company.
Some essential duties are:
• Provides help-desk support over the telephone to end-users by performing extensive troubleshooting relating to personal computer hardware, software or the network environments.
• Repairs computers, computer peripherals and software when problems cannot be resolved over the telephone and via remote connection.
• Upgrades computer equipment including the installation of operating systems and security patches, memory, hard drives and other hardware components.
• Tracks and monitors reported problems using a problem reporting system to insure a timely resolution.
• Installs new computer equipment, including system configuration, installation of operating systems and configuration of network connections.
• Maintains computer inventory.
• Provides telephone and multi-function device support.
• Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
• Provides training to staff relating to the hardware and software installed at the health department.
The minimum education and experience requires: High school diploma plus two years' experience. An Associate's degree in Computer Science may substitute for 1 year of experience. CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Net+ Certification may substitute for 1 year of experience. A valid driver's license and a criminal background check are required. Acceptable related experience is personal computer support and troubleshooting experience including extensive experience in Windows 10. Of this experience, six months must have been spent in a help-desk environment. Experience with Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook for Windows platforms.
High School Diploma/GED
Lexington-Fayette County Health Department (LFCHD) offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time and part-time eligible employees, including paid time off (annual and sick leave accruals).
Employee benefits summary:
Four medical plans are offered, so you can select the coverage that best meets your needs. Two plan options include an employer-funded health reimbursement account.
Employees who waive medical coverage are eligible for an employer-funded health reimbursement account that receives $175 per month.
Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance is available with three plan options ranging from basic to comprehensive.
Additional benefits include basic life insurance and long term disability; cafeteria plans; wellness program, employee assistance program; paid holidays; paid annual leave and paid sick leave; and tuition reimbursement program.
Retirement Benefits include the
Kentucky Employees' Retirement System and Cash Balance plan and Kentucky Deferred Compensation which includes 401(k), 457, and IRA options.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Manager IT
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1